PDA

View Full Version : Never wash/wax again?

SickOfItAll
07-13-2003, 09:07 PM
OK, this is a bit unrealistic, but it`s just for fun :p

If you had the option to use a magic wash/wax that had 100% protection, kept a perfect shine forever, and would never get dusty or allow your paint to be damaged - would you want to use it? You`d basically never have to touch your paint again. Conversely, would you prefer to keep working to keep your paint in order - I know some people probably enjoy detailing enough to where they`d actually prefer to keep doing it, even if the option to never need it again was available.

shaf
07-13-2003, 10:43 PM
What? A magical wash/clay/polish/wax product? Doesn`t that already exist? :lol ;)

If this product was basically an "Autopian detail in a bottle", it`d win out eventually. Laziness is simple human nature. The die-hards would resist using it for a little while, but then one by one they`d all give in sooner or later and start using it.

Interesting question. :)

Scottwax
07-13-2003, 11:22 PM
I would because I spend so much time on my customer`s cars I have little time to spend on my own. Besides, then I could get in more skating time.

show car
07-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Anything that saves time and REALLY works...,

unfortunately...

lbls1
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
No pain, no gain.......applies here!

Setec Astronomy
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
How do you guys dig up these ancient threads? And when is somebody gonna invent that stuff--perfect for winter!

01bluecls
10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
hahah two year old thread! HONESTLY I would use the product that would allow me to never wash and wax again. Even though like everyone on here I love upkeeping the car, sometimes the time it takes is overwhelming and takes time away from other things that I enjoy doing. I think most people will answer the "autopian" way which is too not use the "magic" product but i think most people would.

Accumulator
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey, I missed this one the first time around!

I know it`s more of my Autopian Heresy, but sure, I`d wave my magic wand and never do this stuff again in a heartbeat. I sometimes wish I could wave a magic checkbook and have somebody else do it to the same standards that I do.

To me, it`s like asking "would you mind having a knife that *never* needed sharpening" or maybe shoes that never need shined, or a lawn that never needs mowed...