PDA

View Full Version : Monster Detail

Pages : [1] 2

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Greetings to all DC members!!! Long time since I`ve been here...

As many of you recall, I had turned to pressure washing residential and commercial buildings, decks, parking lots, sidewalks, etc. etc.
I`m pleased to say that this summer has proven to be most profitable for me, allowing me to expand my operations somewhat and hire another fulltime employee... I will also be adding a second pw rig and a second crew in the near future.

But let`s not forget my roots... I started out in this business as a detailer, and as they say in this business - `you can take the man out of detailing, but you`ll never take the detailing out of the man` (hmmm... do THEY really say that?). So this week has begun with a BANG, and I have back to back detailing scheduled all week with loyal faithful customers who have been with me for over two years...

It started today with a dump truck.
Some of you may remember how I had the honor of doing a full interior on this old dump truck last September. Last week the owner contacted me. Seems he bought a new one and is selling this old one which has over 250k miles on it... So he begged me to do a full detail on it :doh
And being the warrior I am, I accepted this challenge...

I`d like to share this `wonderfully` painful process with you all through some pics that I took today...
Job took 9 hours - with a three man crew...

Onthespot
:onthespot

Shall we begin with this picture? :

The Wash

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Before picture of the interior. Not quite as bad as the last time I did the interior... but bad nevertheless:

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Another interior picture:

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Just to give you an idea of the size of this beast... Here`s a rear picture of it:

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Here`s a picture of some work in progress. This is the hood half- polished with PB`s SSR2, and getting ready to do the other half...

I love my PC 7424:

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Hood shot.. after PB SSR2 (yeah I know there`s a long scratch there, after 250k miles - some things just refuse to be removed):

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Take a guess what came after SSR2???

Yeah, I`m crazy... UPP on a gravel dump truck!!!

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:40 PM
After removing UPP:

(this beast was starting to shine!)

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:44 PM
After full exterior detail:
(What a day! Hope he likes it!)

Woob
08-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Wow! That pressure washer must of helped alot to clean it all up. Btw how did you apply SSR2? How come I see so many circles? Glad to hear detailing is good in NC. :bigups

dr_detail
08-23-2004, 07:47 PM
DAWNG!!

JeffBruce
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
any inside shots after??
jeff

jaybs02
08-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Looks real sharp, Especially for a work horse.
Any pics on the interior??

onthespot
08-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Last picture:

Interior... Like last time.. there are still some permanant stains on this interior... but a significant difference;

Thanks for looking in...

Miss all my old friends here at DC, just been too busy to get on my computer anymore and hang out... Hopefully, I`ll catch a break when the cold season comes and reclaim my high poker score in the arcade and chat with some of you...

Clean Dean, I know you`re still out there - better get down here soon - you haven`t had a vacation `til you`ve lost yourself in the Smoky Mountains!

Dwayne and Fuzz - glad to see you both survived the hurricane... I said a prayer for both of you when I saw it coming toward you...

And to everyone else that I`ve known over the years...:bigups

Onthespot
(Western NC)

dr_detail
08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
DOUBLE DAWNG!!

if he ain`t happy with that, there is something seriously wrong with him!!