PDA

View Full Version : Spray Bottles - What works for you

jsoto
07-13-2003, 08:40 AM
I hate when products that come with the spray bottles with the *jet stream* spray pattern. Perfect example would be 303. I hate the nozzle that comes with the protectant but on their rug/carpet cleaner, they got it just right.

What bottles do you guys use that does leak, etc. Been thinking about getting some for awhile. When I picked up some Griots Interior cleaner, I bought a couple of the small bottles from them and they are great.

Haven`t used their larger bottles yet. Othey than that, it may be Meguiars bottles. What`s the link for the online shop that sells Meguiars Pro Line of products....bodyshopdepot.com or something along the lines of that...

Accumulator
07-13-2003, 10:56 AM
jsoto- Be careful with the Griot`s bottles. If you drop them on concrete :o they`re gonna break. Sometimes spectacularly. I got some "industrial strength" ones from TOL and I find I like them a LOT better than the Griot`s. Surprised me, actually, as I thought the Griot`s ones (and the sprayer) were pretty good.

kbshadow
07-13-2003, 11:27 AM
I bought some at OSH that were awful.

I just bought a 4 pack of heavy duty ones at costco that work great.

Bob

Stockton Ca

imported_BretFraz
07-13-2003, 12:35 PM
I was just talking to GeekySteve about this yesterday. Home Depot and Lowes sell these 32 oz bottles that say "Johnson Wax Professional" on them. They`re really really nice and seem to hold up when using harsh chemical cleaners. I have one I use for Eagle One Wheel Cleaner which is highly acidic and its working fine after several months of use. Most cheap bottles fall apart over time when using acid-based cleaners and require frequent replacement. These Johnson Wax ones are holding up really well. Plus their spray head is excellent.

Pats300zx
07-13-2003, 01:32 PM
I am not sure how big you are looking for but here are some nice smaller ones..

Detailing bottles (http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?PRODID=61392&CATID=253)

I also picked up some decent 32oz ones at my dollar store recently.

imported_f150smith
07-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Home Depot carries ZEP spray bottle. I bought several a few weeks back. They have a very nice spray head that seems to be very well made. I dropped one off of the roof of my 4x4 supercrew last sunday without incident. I think they were about 3 bucks each.

Nikon
07-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by f150smith

Home Depot carries ZEP spray bottle. . . .

Those are the ones I have and I really like them. The spray pattern is even and adjusts easily.

I haven`t had them long so time will tell how well they will last.

Fr0zen
07-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Zep Professional Sprays and Meguiars Mirror Glaze bottles. Also the Eimann Fabrik Bottles and Sprays are great they look very similar to the ZEP.

imported_Greg
07-13-2003, 06:51 PM
ZEP bottles at the Depot rock. I use them for APC+ and no chemical incidents yet.

Fr0zen
07-13-2003, 07:18 PM
yep home depot has a box of them by the plant section there 2.49 a pop I believe.

edwin907
07-13-2003, 08:11 PM
What have you guys found to be the best in small bottles, as small as the excellent "water" spray bottles CMA sells, or even smaller.

Edwin

Also, those Metro bottles look great, I may have to try some for my "small" detailing kit.

Many thanks