PDA

View Full Version : Swirl and scratch removal

Guy
07-12-2003, 08:58 PM
I recently had my engine rebuilt and the guy had my car for 5 months. The car sat outside the whole time covered with the typical blue car covers. With the wind and snow they got the the cover beat the crap out of my paint. It looks cloudy just like you took some fine sandpaper over where the cover touched. There is no major damage, nothing that I think can`t be buffed out. Claybar took the roughness out but the paint flaws remain.

What would work on taking this out? I`ve had Meguiars Mirror Glaze recommended. I used to use liquid ebony but can`t find it anymore. I have a car club gathering this next weekend and need to get cracking on it.

Thanks

Acura_RL
07-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Start with a mild swirl remover like Meguiar`s #9, and if that doesn`t work, move up to DACP. Of course, you`ll be better off using an orbital or rotary buffer for this task.

Deanski
07-12-2003, 09:54 PM
If it`s that bad, start with the DACP and a cutting pad. Once done, follow with a polish pad and 3M PIII MG for a nice polish or you could use Menzerna IP/FP, but the DACP will do wonders and the 3M PIII MG is a great product for final polish B4 protection.

Regards,

Deanski