PDA

View Full Version : Plexus on a RPTV

jonw440
07-11-2003, 05:22 PM
I have a Mitsubishi 46" Widescreen Rear Projection TV that needs to be "Detailed". I just recieved Plexus from from DavidB and was wondering if the plastic screen on the TV would clean up nice with Plexus?

Has anybody used it on a RPTV?

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2003, 05:37 PM
hmm.... I dunno about plexus, but I used just a treatment of Z6 on my 42" mitsu. HDTV that did a nice job of cleaning up....

Tim Lingor
07-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Many of the screens/shields have a anti-glare film on them. By cleaning/polishing with something like Plexus, you might remove it. Moreover, if the shield becomes too glossy, it may create a lot of glare from light sources. Just IMHO! :nixweiss

jmsc
07-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I wouldn`t use Plexus on a TV. I used it on my car yesterday on the headlights and it removed some polish/wax/haze that was left behind during my PC runs that a MF could not remove easily. If Plexus removed the haze it might remove some protective covering that 2hotford says should stay on. My .03 cents. On my Sony TV, I use a Neatitem MF and cold water and it works very well to remove dust.

BoxsterCharlie
07-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I use it on my 17" flat panel LCD computer screen, works well. But I don`t know, I wouldn`t want to recommend it without REALLY knowing what was going on.

meGrimlock
07-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Any other ideas? I have a 57" Panasonic, and it has a highly reflective screen that I do not want to scratch. I had thought about just a damp MF. Think that would be ok, or should I look into some Meg`s plastic cleaner (the stuff in the small white pump-spray bottle)?