PDA

View Full Version : why do i try?? (venting- sorry)

redlineNSX
07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
After some sprinklers got to my car (after a fairly recent wash) i decided to do the whole process over again. normally i love this but today it was different. while waxing i noticed several new scratches and dents and there were water spots i couldnt get off no matter how hard i tried. this pushed me to the edge. im tired of doing all the work taking care of the car for my family. whenever i clean the inside i come back to find my mom has spilled something or when i wash the car someone has driven though some mud/dust the next day......im so frustrated!!! They dont care and i end up putting in tons of time and money for a job unappriciated and not taken care of. anybody else have to deal with this problem?? im sorry that this isnt a productive post but i needed to get this off my chest before i broke down and cried all over my new wax job. thanks.

Jngrbrdman
07-11-2003, 02:17 PM
I feel that way everytime a customer brings their car back to me the next week and it is in just as bad of shape as it was when I got it before. You should see the condition of that 350Z I did last week.... :scared Maybe if you started charging them then they would take better care of it?

Scott P
07-11-2003, 02:57 PM
I used to feel the same way about my wife`s car. However, she is now turning a corner. The past two times, she has washed her Saturn by herself. Plus, when she drives her MG to work, she gives it a quick spritz with Quik Shine...:)

2wheelsx2
07-11-2003, 04:21 PM
I know how you feel. I wash my sister`s black Integra for her at least every other week, and every time I go over there, the rims are caked in brake dust and there is mud on the undercarriage, and the mats are full of gravel. Normally, I grin and bear it, but last week, she was on vacation for the whole week, and when I went over there, the car was filthy. I asked her why she had not washed her car even though she was sitting at home 24 hours a day, and she answered that she was waiting for me to go over to wash it! :rolleyes:

You just can`t win. You just have to decide whether you want to continue to clean up after others, or watch the car deteriorate.

imported_indy
07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Don`t dispare friend...you`ll find plenty of support here.:)

I used to get torqued by the way my wife keeps her car.

I keep up on detailing it as often as I can, but I know it`s

going to come back dirty in a few days (black convertable).

I look at detailing not as a destination, but as a journey.

When I`m working on my vehicles, that`s my time and noone

elses...it`s kind of like therapy that way. I enjoy the process

of doing a good job just as much as the end result. It really

doesn`t matter to me if other people think detailing is a waste

of time, because I enjoy doing it, it`s great exercise, and I enjoy

being the envy of the neighborhood.

I guess what I`m saying is you gotta` be in this hobby because

you enjoy doing it, not because of what anyone else does, thinks,

or says.

redlineNSX
07-11-2003, 05:34 PM
thanks for all your support. it nice to know that other people experience the same problem. i like the way you look at detailing Indy, it is theraputic. Jgnr...maybe i should start charging them....hmmmm.......;)

jonw440
07-11-2003, 05:54 PM
My Wife had a 92 Grand am. We have three kids ages 11, 11,and 15. (Yes twins).The interior of that car was GROSS. Frech fries, empty soda cans, water bottles, markers, pens, paper, ect ect ect.

We just bought her a black 2000 Grand Prix GT. I put two coats Klasse SG after the AIO.It looks real nice after I wash it. She came home the other day with a bird bomb on the hood. (The size of a pancake). I gave her the bottle of Sonux QD and a MF. Would you think she would have cleaned it up? NOPE:rolleyes:

I asked her why she didnt. Her reply was "I didnt see it" :nixweiss I spotted it from the living room window. The interior is starting to become "lived in" so I have to clean it up this weekend. It`s a never ending uphill battle, that I will never win.

hondaguy2582
07-11-2003, 06:10 PM
you know, if people just took 2 hrs out of their time to do some detaling, it wouldn`t be a big deal. Aio would be enough every 2 months, and washing only takes 20 min if you got your system down. These ppl who buy these expensive cars and treat them like sh*t bothers me.

godofthunder
07-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Me and my GF are getting to the point where we are just tired. ITs hard to get out there as often as I would like to get this in almost show quality. That, and being a college student, i dont have much money or time for this. I dont cut corners, i just dont do as much as I want.

Bascily, we are at the point, that we realize that these are both daily drivers and never show cars.

Its not that we dont try our hardest, its just that we dont try to over do it. For example, the truck was just taken to a pro. It looks great...but still not show quality.

We DO take care of them, wash them weekly, and stuff...but both at the point that we say "They aren`t show cars" and that they still look A LOT beter than most out here. I mean heck, my 96 Olds. looks nicer than my parrents 02 Intrepid.

Jon