PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Wax

jmsc
07-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Just got off the phone with Jeff at Menzerna USA. I will be receiving a sample of their wax on MON or TUE. It is carnauba based with some good silicone in it but no polymers (I believe no polymers). Jeff wants my feedback as to how it compares with other carnauba waxes that I have used recently (Blitz, Souveran, McCall`s, Harly, P21S). Although Jeff calls it a sealant wax, it really isn`t. Unlike PowerGloss their wax is not being marketed in the USA just YET. That may change because he is receiving alot of calls lately from professional detailers and some consumers as to its availability.

BoxsterCharlie
07-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the PO73 club, jmsc! As far as I know, I`m the only person in the US to use this stuff. I also got samples through Jeff.

Let me say, it is great stuff! At the risk of changing your impression of it, I feel it is on the hard side of things to apply (at least for the first layer), has moderate durability, poor dust attraction, but a superb shine. How good is the shine? Take a look at this picture. Klasse twins topped with Pinnacle on the left; PO73 on the right. Impossible to tell the difference in the photo probably, and near impossible in person. BUT, if you had to pick one, the Menzerna comes out on top!

http://www.986forum.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1837

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366

jmsc
07-11-2003, 11:30 AM
BoxsterC,

Thanks for the heads-up. I will give Jeff my honest opinion on his product. You should call him and do the same. He really is interested in our feedback.

I am always looking for new products to try. This year alone:

PC, Menzerna (3), McCall`s (3), DFT, CBT, 3M Show Car Finishing Glaze, DACP, #9, Mothers S&G...

I do like carnauba waxes that are easy on/off, especially off. Of all the final waxes that I have tried, I can`t say that 1 has better shine than the others. Haven`t found that 1. They are all about the same.

imported_jgv
07-11-2003, 01:29 PM
It`s not only Jeff who calls it Sealing Wax. Menzerna itself does it. It`s written in the (1L) bottle I have.