PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover = Wax Oven

gocona
07-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Unlike many here, i am a college student and am unable to park my truck in a garage. Instead, it spends its life outside but 99% of the time it is covered with a car cover (really nice car cover that does a great job). However, there is one problem that i am currently finding. For the last couple of weeks after i wash and wax my truck and make sure that there is no wax residue/remaining wax/etc and the truck is perfectly clean i cover it up and a few days later when i uncover the truck i see spots of wax residue and it looks like i didn`t dewax the truck in certain small areas:mad: like little lines and what not. My question is, i am pretty sure that the truck has NO waz left on it when it is covered. Could the cover be acting like an oven and drying or baking some the wax and turning it white??? Or maybe there is some wax on the inside of the cover???

I am at a loss of ideas here:nixweiss . It seems that every time i uncover my truck it has these spots of wax and it just gets worse as time goes on until i wash/wax the truck, then it starts over.

However, if i leave the truck uncovered and sitting in a garage (like when i am back home for the summer:D ) this doesn`t happen... Untill i move it outside and cover it up (usually when my mom gets back in town and forces me out of the saftey of the garage and into the dreaded elements:down )

Do you guys have any idea on how i can stop this or what i can do to get rid of this from happening??

Thanks in advace.

gocona
07-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah, i just recently switched from meguirs to mother`s wax... the meguirs wax didn`t have this problem. Could the problem just be the mothers wax??:confused:

Fr0zen
07-10-2003, 08:56 PM
It probley just is the wax. Try a Acrylic protectant or polymer like UPP,Klasse AIO-SG,Meguiars #20,Poorboys EX,Zaino. Something like those will last way longer then a carnuba and not melt away like one to.

Patrick
07-10-2003, 09:37 PM
You forgot BF II........:cool:

gocona
07-11-2003, 10:52 AM
cool thanks for the fast replys... so it must be the wax then. Thanks alot. I will look into getting some of poorboys prodocts or Blackfire:xyxthumbs

Fr0zen
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
yep sorry I always forget Bf. But Klasse Is my all time favorite it lasts really long and is easy to work with if done right.

forrest@mothers
07-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Well, I use Mothers prodcucts on my cars, and one of them sits at the airport under a cover (Evolution 4), and I don`t have the problem you mentioned.

Does it always happen, or only following a frequent waxing?

Which Mothers product exactly?

When was the last time the cover was laundered, and how?

Patrick
07-11-2003, 11:15 PM
You sure its just not pollen bleading through the cover ????

JoshABI
07-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Have you inspected the inside of your car cover? I know you mentioned it above. If this problem is only happening when you use the cover than I would try to eliminate the possibility that there is something on the cover to explain your trouble. Maybe old wax residue on the inside, or something like that?