PDA

View Full Version : DIY detailing chair

ahunt01
07-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone :wavey . I was getting tired of having an aching back after detailing the lower half of my lowered Civic. I was going to buy a rolling detailing chair, but they were too high to use comfortably with a lowered car. So... I made my own detailing chair, and it was really simple. Me, and my back and knees, love it so much that I thought I`d post it up here for anyone else that gets a sore back and sore knees from bending up and down and up and down when detailing the car.:)

"the chair" (http://www.citlink.net/~ahunt01/seat)

splogue
07-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Fantastic! That`s exactly what I need. I`m gonna make one too. I hate doing anything below the trim line, and that`s why -- the crouching.

Thanks for the great tip.

Sean

shaf
07-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Wow, neat. :cool: Simple to make too it seems. I just bend over in my rolling mechanics stool right now to get those low, low areas. :p

ahunt01
07-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Yup real easy to do, and I got to use up some old scraps of woods lying around:cool: All it is really is a piece of plywood with four thin boards along the underneath edges that with the casters put me at the ideal height that I wanted, which all the other rolling seats I`ve looked at aren`t as low with the exception of a creeper. I drilled 4 holes for the casters and shoved it through, then glued the top pieces in. Then I spray painted and nailed down a little square piece of plastic for my tools, and straped a back-support pad for a car seat on.:bounce