PDA

View Full Version : Some Lowe`s No Longer Will Carry the Porter Cable Brand

Dale Talbert
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I hate that my first post brings bad news but here it is. I`ve been lurking here for a month or so soaking up all the great info and, based upon what I have read, decided to buy a PC 7336 from Lowe`s. I went to the Lowe`s in Cary NC today at lunch and saw they had none in stock. I asked the power tools section manager when more would arrive and he told me their buyer has said that "Lowe`s" no longer is going to carry Porter Cable power tools! The manager at this particular store didn`t know whether the decision to discontinue carrying the PC brand was regional or national. But, at least in the Cary/Raleigh area, there will be no more PC stuff sold at Lowe`s.

BTW, I bought the display model for $20 off -- $89, and with guidance from Autopian ntwrkguy1, will try it out this weekend.

switerajaya
07-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Welcome Dale :wavey.

If Lowes stops carrying PCs, Autopians will be looking to make a deal on the never been used floor model. What a steal you got.

Dale Talbert
07-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome Pecs. This borad has very friendly, helpful and knowledgable members.

Yea, I thought $89 was a good deal. But, just like when you leave the showroom after buying a new car, I wondered whether I might have beat him down another few bucks.

Deanski
07-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Want a PC? Good price for one and other polishers at:

Costaltool.com.

Regards,

Deanski

Deanski
07-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Darn, misspelling.... Here`s the link

Porter Cable Model 7424 (http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/pr7424.htm?L+coastest+xzhs8989ff17c117+1057959127)

Sorry for da splng.

Regards,

Deanski

imported_matthew
07-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I searched online at Lowes.com and it said they dindn`t carry it anymore either. This was for my local store in Philadelphia.

Seems to be national.

GreenArrow
07-10-2003, 05:52 PM
$89 bucks for PC! That`s a good deal. I`m assuming in comes with the full manufacturer`s warranty, so you got a great deal. In L.A., neither Home Depot or Lowe`s carries Porter Cable 7424. I, too, wanted to purchase it locally. I ended buying mine at CoastalTool.com for $119 plus $7.50 shipping (no tax :up ).

BTW, I then bought the pads at CMA. I bought the Orange Power Pad kit ($39.95) and a white foam pad ($9.95). Because I`m new to detailing and the PC, it took me literally weeks, and then hours, of reading the boards to decide which pads to buy. I`m still waiting for the CMA pads so I haven`t tried the PC yet, even though I already received the PC about 3 days ago.

Murf300
07-10-2003, 06:37 PM
The Lowes in Smithfield, NC and also in Rocky Mount, NC both have the PCs in stock as of about 2 weeks ago.

Bill D
07-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Was just at Lowes in Mercer county NJ, there was a PC 7336 there or at least the floor model. Price is $109. Got mine from Coastal tool.com which throws in the 6" weight and pad.

I wonder if this Lowes ever had or has discontinued rotaries. Nothing there for car use other than the PC