PDA

View Full Version : NEW CAR - Now What????

phil7533
07-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey guys,

I just got a new HONDA PILOT. (silver)

I was just wondering what you guys would do...

This was what I was thinking -

AIO 2x

SG 2x

s100 1x

Obviously I`m not gonna clay it, but do you guys think that I even need the AIO?? I mean, isnt AIO mainly for cleaning and removing oxidation??

Any suggestions appreciated.

One other question... why do you guys put AIO on your wheels and windows?

shaf
07-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by phil7533

Obviously I`m not gonna clay it, but do you guys think that I even need the AIO?? I mean, isnt AIO mainly for cleaning and removing oxidation?? How does the paint feel? Even new cars from the showroom still need claying sometimes.

AIO is a good prep for applying SG. It may not be necessary, but will clean off oils and stuff that might get in the way of SG. I`d use it at least once since you have it anyway.

Run a search for "baggie test clay" and other threads related to a new car - lots of threads out there!

chris0626
07-10-2003, 08:04 AM
What 4DSC said. The car has probably been transported by rail and truck, and may indeed have more contaminants than you realize. You might try claying one small section, then compare the "feel" of it to the others. I`ve been amazed that, even when I thought my paint was "perfect," it got even "perfecter" :D after claying.

SK2003TypeS
07-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Congrats on the new ride !

And what 4DSC and Lynn said. If it passes the baggie test and you feel it doesn`t need clay, pick some up anyway.....you`ll use it shortly.

Accumulator
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah, either clay or ABC it. If you get rust-blooms (from ferrous contaminants) on silver it`s a pain to deal with. By the time you see them the damage is done.