PDA

View Full Version : Rough day at the (detailing) office (pic)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
07-09-2003, 05:31 PM
:p

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878lambo_bentley.jpg

I had just washed them using Champion`s Choice Car Wash and Wax (very nice product!). The Bentley was detailed in May using Final Polish and S100 and the Diablo was detailed in early June using Vanilla Moose and Clearkote`s soon to be released carnuba.

2wheelsx2
07-09-2003, 05:34 PM
What? No QEW? :D

Scottwax
07-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

What? No QEW? :D

Nah, he has a pressure spray and water deionizer he likes me to use. He likes to see a lot of soap on his cars and since he pays me more to wash them that way (since it takes longer than QEW), it was a perfect opportunity for me to try the Winner`s Choice wash sample I got from red98gt (John). The small bottle was enough for both cars and was nice and foamy and using it along with the deionized water left both car spot free.

gnahc79
07-09-2003, 05:58 PM
ok, that`s just plain mean, Scott, showing us perty cars while we`re at work :D. Awesome, I think a door handle on either of those cars could buy my car.

hey, is that your Accord peeking at us back there? how is it running?

Scottwax
07-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by gnahc79

ok, that`s just plain mean, Scott, showing us perty cars while we`re at work :D. Awesome, I think a door handle on either of those cars could buy my car.

It cost him about $5000 to replace the right front fender on the Diablo when a pi$$ed off motorcyclist kicked it in (claimed he almost hit his bike on the freeway...long story)

hey, is that your Accord peeking at us back there? how is it running?

Yeah, that is my Accord. I`ve been having a problem with it surging and bucking between 1500-2000 rpm, and since I`ve tapped and drilled out the EGR passages and replaced all the guts of the distributer and have good plugs and wires, it is either the fuel filter (which I replaced today) or the fuel pump (ouch!).

Pats300zx
07-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Wow..nice work....:up

Blue-Sun
07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
:bow

:bow

I would LOVE to get that close to either of those cars. . .

awesome work. . .more pics of those babies. . .(i know i`ve seen pics of that diablo before, with your son too, right?)

C. Charles Hahn
07-09-2003, 08:45 PM
I wish my day had been as rough!! sheesh, how do you get these high-class clients Scott, its unbelievable! :eek:

Clean Dean
07-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Wow !!!!!!! I`m speechless.

I wish those cars took up permanent residence in my garage !!!!

Scottwax... if they did I would continue to have you detail them !!!

Great job !!!!

aljo
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
OH MY!

:bow :bow :bow :bow

Scottwax
07-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

how do you get these high-class clients Scott, its unbelievable! :eek:

A partner of the guy with those cars saw the sign on the Celica I used to have and called me...9 1/2 years ago! I`ve been cleaning their cars ever since. I almost didn`t return the call because I thought it was a prank since they wanted me to detail a Rolls Royce Silver Spur and a Mercedes 560SEL (lowered with a body kit). Glad I didn`t blow it off as a joke!

AMP01
07-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Scott,

Great job on keeping those sweet cars in shape! :bow :bow

Is there anything different using the car wash you used on these cars compared to using QEW? Let me know.

Aagain, a superb job on some sweet cars!

Cheers

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Scottwax
07-09-2003, 11:42 PM
AMP-as far as finished results go, no difference between the Winner`s Choice Wash and Wax soap and QEW. Either way, the car is clean. The Winner`s Choice is more expensive per use though.

butchdave
07-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Yeah, that is my Accord. I`ve been having a problem with it surging and bucking between 1500-2000 rpm, and since I`ve tapped and drilled out the EGR passages and replaced all the guts of the distributer and have good plugs and wires, it is either the fuel filter (which I replaced today) or the fuel pump (ouch!).

If its got fuel injection, have you cleaned the throttle body? Can give exactly those symptoms

imported_edschwab1
07-10-2003, 03:52 AM
Nice cars. Who makes the wash Champions choice or Winner`s choice?

As for your I think it time a new(er) one since you over 250k.

Eric