PDA

View Full Version : will a qd evaporate in a car

1badtaco
07-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey guys i was wondering if I kept my megs #34 FI in my truck would it evaporate fast or be harmful for the product?

shaf
07-09-2003, 03:07 AM
If the truck gets really hot inside, I wouldn`t keep QD or any spray product in the vehicle. Florida sounds like a hot place. :D I`ve had my "emergency kit" of QD and glass cleaner leak out a bit because the air/liquid expands and pushes out the liquid still sitting inside the pump and straw.

Also, QDs like #34 probably contain small amounts of alcohol (or other solvent) that would try to evaporate off. If I lived in Florida I`d probably still keep some in the vehicle, but find a way to keep them cooler if at all possible...

BTW, as far as I can figure out, Mothers Showtime doesn`t seem to have anything but water in it - making it better for the above problem, as well as making it my favourite QD. :)

JoshABI
07-09-2003, 09:04 AM
I also keep an emergency kit in the trunk of my car. I don`t have too much time where heat is an issue here in Michigan, but I keep everything in a small cardboard box. My QD, a couple of MF towels, a bottle of Alch/Water mix, glass cleaner and a couple of sheets of newspaper. I used to have them in a little trunk storage thing (you know, one of those duffle bags), but it always seemed like it got too hot for comfort in there. So I tried putting it all in a small-ish cardboard box with nice thick sides and a top that closed, and they stayed much cooler in there. Try it out, but check the box frequently for temperature. And make sure to feel the side of the bottle, the air temp is not the actual temp of the product. Whatever you can do to keep it in the shade will help.

1badtaco
07-09-2003, 10:31 AM
i can keep it in the shade but my interior does get really hot

JoshABI
07-09-2003, 01:05 PM
No way to know without trying I guess. My summers get pretty hot up here and I have never had a problem...but test it out with a bottle for a couple of days. Just check it once or twice during the day and feel it to check the temp.

JasonC8301
07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
I would caution about putting the FI in your car due to Fl`s heat.

Get an Ankle wallet and a small spritz bottle (2 ounces) and a MF. Ready at all times.

1badtaco
07-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Get an Ankle wallet and a small spritz bottle (2 ounces) and a MF. Ready at all times.

um what is an ankle wallet? i guess ill just have to play around with the bottle in my truck

JasonC8301
07-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Its similar to an ankle holster I guess. I`ve seen it a few times. You strap it onto your ankle using a spandex suspender thing. It has enough room for a mini MF and bottle of FI I guess.

But thats a little to far our of you`re way.

I find that a whole bottle of QD in your car is a bit to cumbersome. www.containerstore.com has some nice travel pump bottles in 2, 4, and 8 ounce sizes (maybe 12?.)

Here are those nifty Aluminum ones

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=253&PRODID=61392&FEEDCNT=3

Here are the cheaper plastic ones

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=253&PRODID=61418&FEEDCNT=3

Jason

Blue-Sun
07-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

:lol :lol :lol

shaf
07-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

Its similar to an ankle holster I guess. I`ve seen it a few times. You strap it onto your ankle using a spandex suspender thing. It has enough room for a mini MF and bottle of FI I guess.

:lol How fast can you get to your "backup" QD Jason? :lol

BTW, the emergency kit I use is also put into small 3oz or so pump sprays.

I`m having trouble deciding if polished metal bottles would become hotter because they`re metal or stay cooler because they`re slightly reflective? :confused: :nixweiss

1badtaco
07-09-2003, 04:44 PM
wow guys thanx for the help