PDA

View Full Version : Look how my Diamond Cut arrived!

Pages : [1] 2

imported_phareous
07-08-2003, 05:48 PM
I waited 8 days and I get this. I have censored the receipt to protect the innocent...as I think it just as much the fault of Meguiars and UPS

http://www.mlong.org/car/censored.jpg

http://www.mlong.org/car/box2.jpg

http://www.mlong.org/car/bottle.jpg

imported_Aurora40
07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Let them know. I had a bottle of EXTRA burst and ruin a $70 order. They sent me the whole order again for free. Very prompt about it as well.

VetteToVair
07-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Did you order that straight from Meguiars or somewhere else?

Jngrbrdman
07-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Wow. I don`t know how UPS handles things like that, but it might be worth giving them a call. If the product wasn`t packed well enough then I would call the place you ordered it from and ask them what they intend to do about it. If their customer service is worth anything then they`d do whatever they could to fix the problem. That is a total mess! Blech!!

imported_phareous
07-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Yeah I let them know. I ordered it from somewhere else not Meguiars. It was filled with peanuts and packed well. I partially blame Meguiars because the bottle split right down the molded seam. So it was either defective, or UPS left it in 200 degree heat or something. The vendor could have put it in a plastic bag though...

Jngrbrdman
07-08-2003, 06:24 PM
I got an order from premiumautocare this week and they wrapped every bottle in bubble wrap. I doubt that it would prevent product from getting all over the box if it were to break, but it definitely kept them well padded. The only bottle that wasn`t wrapped was the DACP actually.

No cracks though. I think I`d blame Meguiar`s for your situation. Contact then and send them the pictures maybe. They`ve always had great customer service. I`m sure they would try and remedy the situation for you.

Steve @ Guru
07-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by phareous

I partially blame Meguiars because the bottle split right down the molded seam. So it was either defective, or UPS left it in 200 degree heat or something.

Welcome to the world of trying to cut as many costs as possible, all in the name of increasing your profit margin. :)

When we ordered our 80+ wheel and tire care products, we were shocked to find a few bottles that were in a similar state of affairs...

The vendor tried their best to protect the bottles during shipping - each bottle was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and taped across the trigger, the bottle neck and the bottom of the bottle. Unfortunately, this caused another problem - the bottles were so thin and the tape was so sticky that 3 more bottles were punctured while trying to score the tape with a razor blade (using almost no pressure)...

Gotta love it when mfg`s focus on cutting costs at the cost of quality.

1badtaco
07-08-2003, 10:55 PM
wow...my sympathy goes out to you and you projects...lol... i just got my order from megs today and they shipped it the same way just foam "nuts" and the bottle of dacp not wrapped, right next to the 3pk pads.......looks like the company who sold it might be at fault there....

Bobby G
07-08-2003, 11:06 PM
I can tell you from experience that the only way to avoid shipping damage is extreme care in packaging. That said, even the best packaging won`t stop a 1200 pound gorilla from damaging a package. I go to great lengths to prevent damage. Even so, about 1 out of 700 packages shipped gets wiped out.

forrest@mothers
07-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Don`t blame the manufacturers all the time.

We have been given a mandate by CARB to reduce the amount of plastics used by 20% by 2005 - all in the name of saving the landfills.

So, thinner bottles will be coming more common with all the manufacturers. As you`ve found, a downside is the breakage which occurs.

But, I save .2 ounces on every bottle I ship. Let`s see, if I send geekysteve 27,422 bottle, I`d save shipping costs of......

Never mind, I have a headache.

imported_phareous
07-08-2003, 11:16 PM
David how can you call UPS drivers that? :p

Originally posted by DavidB

the best packaging won`t stop a 1200 pound gorilla from

VetteToVair
07-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Maybe it would be a service to all if you disclosed the identity of the vendor? If it didn`t have anything to do with them, then there is no harm telling us who it was. If they were partially at fault, it`s best people know about it.

imported_edschwab1
07-09-2003, 12:02 AM
UPS wants a minimum of 60 to upwards of 90 packages a minute to be unloaded from a trailer per person unloading. With small trailer emptied in 5-8 minutes and 40-45ft in 10-12 minutes. This gives you an idea how packages are handled. If you are not performing at this level you have a manager yelling to pick up the pace. So much for handle with care.

Do not get me started on UPS.

Good luck with your claim.

Eric

shaf
07-09-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by phareous

David how can you call UPS drivers that? :p I think he`s referring to the "other" gorilla - you know, the one at the airport sitting inside the room where your luggage goes after it`s been X-rayed? :lol

I blame the carrier just because it`s most likely, as edschwab1 has illustrated for us above. :p

What a waste of good products though! :(

AWDRATT
07-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Too bad that that happened. But there are too many variables to categorically blame everyone. What im sure though, there is someone who should take the responsibility. That you have to find out.

I agree with what forrest said, don`t blame the manufacturers all the time. Just an analogy to put some perspective. Eggs. Eggs are pack and transported from farms to grocery stores to our homes. Sometimes, during transportation, some of it gets broken, but somehow we don`t blame the chicken for making thin shells, right? It was probably in the handling, anyway. :D

Cheers.