PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO + SG or AIO + PUPP??

davefr
07-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Based on previous posts, I think I`m going to use Klasse AIO. I`m still debating whether to choose SG or PUPP or something else as the final coat.

Is there a combination that works better for black (ie hiding minor swirls). I`ve already used #9 with pretty good results.

Is AIO, + SG or PUPP kind to plastic trim and rubber.

(I`ve used Nufinish in the past and you almost need to mask off certain kinds of trim)

TIA

2wheelsx2
07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Neither SG nor PUPP will stain trim.

I am different combinations of AIO+SG/PUPP on two different cars. My general, unscientific findings have been these:

1) SG seems to last a bit longer the PUPP.

2) PUPP looks wetter and deeper on dark cars than SG (specifically black).

3) PUPP is easier to see to remove.

4) PUPP is slicker.

So, my compromise is to put AIO+SG and PUPP on the cars.

Thomasfl
07-08-2003, 03:37 PM
by the way UPP is cheaper.

2wheelsx2
07-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Ummm...yeah..forgot that one. Thx Thomas. :o

Accumulator
07-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by davefr

...Is AIO, + SG or PUPP kind to plastic trim and rubber.

(I`ve used Nufinish in the past and you almost need to mask off certain kinds of trim)

TIA

Yes, these products are "trim friendly". I actually PREFER this regimen over ERV dressings for most of my exterior trim. I`d be careful with RUBBER though, don`t REALLY rub in the AIO, rather, either use it VERY gently or try to keep it off (note that you can clean it off with something like Final Inspection). It`s NOT going to stain like NuFinish, though.

davefr
07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks, I`m now leaning towards AIO + EX. Both these products get excellent feedback based on all the posts I`ve read.

I`m about to place an order. Any reason why I shouldn`t??

2wheelsx2
07-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Nope. Go right ahead. I had some trepidation when I made my first AIO/SG/PUPP order. Now, I would not hesitate.

I think you`ll be really happy with the results.

Jngrbrdman
07-09-2003, 05:30 PM
That sounds like a question we should ask you after you try it. :D EX wouldn`t get such great reviews if it wasn`t an awesome product then it wouldn`t get such good reviews. Let us know what you think of it when you try it. There are obviously a lot of choices to top AIO with. Since its not incompatible with anything else then you could put whatever you want on top. My personal choice is SG and UPP but that`s only because I haven`t tried EX yet. There`s a lot of things I haven`t tried. The only way you will know which you like best is to try them all. :xyxthumbs