PDA

View Full Version : Which wax gives you more depth/wetness?

Pages : [1] 2

2wheelsx2
07-07-2003, 12:36 PM
OK, guys, I am specific excluding the more exotic waxes because I want to keep this to waxes available over the counter. There has been a lot of debate over this, but I wanted to get a quick vote. So the candidates are below. Please comment on any irregularities, like S100 needing a couple of extra days to cure for the max. shine, etc.

Oh, BTW, you can choose more than one if you think they are tied.

biff
07-07-2003, 03:01 PM
P21S and S100 are the same product so you might want to combine them or remove one from the list.

VetteToVair
07-07-2003, 03:16 PM
I would just remove the P21S because it is the same as S100 and it`s not readily available over the counter.

2wheelsx2
07-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I knew that, but was just curious as to whether some people preferred P21S. Some vendors are actually insisting that they are different. CMA is one which does. So I wanted to see if some people are endorsing P21S overS100 or vice versa.

Remember, I am not asking about bang for buck. I am asking purely on the aesthetic properties of the wax, price being no object (in this group anyway).

imported_Intermezzo
07-07-2003, 03:32 PM
For depth/wetness, Mother`s Sealer/Glaze followed by Mother`s California Gold would be my choice.

vmunoz
07-08-2003, 06:06 PM
quote: For depth/wetness, Mother`s Sealer/Glaze followed by Mother`s California Gold would be my choice.

I agree. :up For store bought products, they are easy to use and leave a very nice finish. My vote for Mother`s wax.

V... :xyxthumbs

imported_Larry A
07-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Im going to have to try Mothers Sealer and Glaze. Think it would look good with S100 over it.

imported_Larry A
07-11-2003, 08:39 PM
I did try Mothers Sealer and Glaze, All I can say is wow I like it , easy on easy off great wet look you could follow with any straight wax.

Guy
07-11-2003, 08:48 PM
My first post on this board!

What exactly is S100? I`ve always used Zaino because it lasts the longest for me. But you have to order that, I`m looking for good results on over the counter.

imported_f150smith
07-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Mother`s Paste wax. I`ve been using it for 33 years now and it was, and still is one the best readily available waxes on the market.

chris0626
07-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Guy

What exactly is S100? I`ve always used Zaino because it lasts the longest for me. But you have to order that, I`m looking for good results on over the counter.

S100 is a carnauba paste wax, readily available at motorcycle shops, especially Harley shops. But -- if you`re already spoiled to Zaino`s durabililty (as I am), waxes like S100 don`t have anything approaching a sealant`s durability. Some folks here top their sealant with a wax like S100. I tried it; didn`t do a thing for me. :down You might want to read thru the posts in AU and Detailing to get some more insight into this.

Scottwax
07-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

S100 is a carnauba paste wax, readily available at motorcycle shops, especially Harley shops. But -- if you`re already spoiled to Zaino`s durabililty (as I am), waxes like S100 don`t have anything approaching a sealant`s durability. Some folks here top their sealant with a wax like S100. I tried it; didn`t do a thing for me. :down You might want to read thru the posts in AU and Detailing to get some more insight into this.

I`ve found that Car Polishes Final Polish topped with S100 is a great looking and durable polymer/carnuba combo. I just washed a car I used it on 4 months ago and it was still beading very nicely and looked great when I finished washing it.

S100 is definitely the shiniest store bought wax I`ve used...but if Clearkote`s upcoming carnuba (within a week or two now!) is carried by that shop at the mall I buy their other stuff at...S100 definitely has some strong competition.

explorer
07-12-2003, 06:55 AM
My vote is for Mothers pure wax:up , however I must say that I have never used anything else but Mothers and P21S .

Mothers for excellent results :xyxthumbs

P21S for ease of use and no staining of trim.:bow

rd_volvo
07-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Where`s the Blitz!

imported_memnuts
07-25-2003, 06:04 PM
The best product for depth is actually not a product.

It`s PREP. Well 90% is.

A dull marred depthless finish will only be augmented slightly by a protectant. There are no quick fixes for the production of a deep, glossy, reflective and attractive finish. OTC or online. :wavey