PDA

View Full Version : Help with brochure and business cards

Porkanbeans
08-22-2004, 09:29 PM
As some of you know, I`m trying to get my little detail business up and running. All I need is a name and perhaps a slogan. Fanciness is not an issue here. I`m trying to stick to the Poorboys`s approach of "simple but done right". Naturally, I will showcase all Poorboy`s products, so maybe my business cards and brochures should have that kind of theme. To cut costs, I`d like to limit it to black and white with a simple but meaningful scheme.

Which pages should contain what on the brochure? I`ve schooled up a bit on this but I still need some help.

Thanks for your time.

Jngrbrdman
08-22-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3626

That thread has one that I designed for another member here. If you are going to do a tri fold brochure then I would design it something like that. Prices are good, but not necessary. If you have a website then that is even better. You can put prices on the website and then put the URL on the brochure. Its up to you I guess.

Porkanbeans
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info, Jngrbrdman. I have a rough idea of what I want after reading your other thread.

By the way, your website is my new Bible. I have learned so much from OCDU :).

Jngrbrdman
08-22-2004, 10:01 PM
:) I`m glad you like it. I still need to finish that one article on making money and publish the other two that I wrote. I`m glad that it is helping out a bit. :bigups

HOAX
08-22-2004, 10:34 PM
If you decide to go with something that has graphix on it, LMK. Im pretty decent with photoshop. However, the cost of printing will shoot up...

Jngrbrdman
08-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Why does the cost of printing shoot up? I doubt the printer cares which program made the graphics. :lol Ink is ink no matter what you use to create the image.

HOAX
08-23-2004, 07:21 PM
lol, that works. What is the name of your business and what all do you want it to say.. Better yet if you can get a basic layout done ill put it all together

Porkanbeans
08-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the generous offer, Hoax. Actually the name is something else I need help with. Usually I`m pretty clever with this stuff, but this time around I came up short. Something short and sweet is what I`m looking for, but nothing too fancy. I came up with "Kid Down the Street", but I figured that nobody wants to have a detail done after seeing a name like that.

The layout of Jngrbrdman`s brochure from his other thread is exactly what I`ve been considering. Pics aren`t necessary. I can add them when I get some good photos of completed jobs (I have Photoshop too, so if that`s easier to do it in, that`s fine) if I can afford the extra print cost. That`s about it!

Once again thank you SO much for offering to do this. Every person on this forum is amazing and extremely helpful. I think I`ll stay here for quite some time :bigups .