PDA

View Full Version : NE1 here ever used Sonax carnauba wax?

Jeroen
07-06-2003, 09:51 AM
Wonder if anyone used it as well and can compare it with other waxes. Last week used Meg`s #26 and today waxed again with Sonax Extreme series #1, pure carnauba paste wax and the paint looks much better and feels smoother.

Nikon
08-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Hmm, I was wondering the same thing.

I guess not.

Scottwax
08-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Got a link? I`ve never heard any details about Sonax products.

Spork
08-25-2003, 10:49 PM
I used it a long time ago, at least 10 years. Sonax chemicals are good, kind of like the Worth line. I liked the cleaner wax and found a can of the spray wax in my garage the other day. Was thinking it might work well to coat stuff for winter sotrage. I do not think I ever used it on a car. I have not seen it on the shelf latley. Think I picked it up on sale at a import car products/parts place in Cincinnati where I used to live.The paste worked, but it was a long time ago. I do not think it was like S100 or any thing like that, just a quality wax as I recall.

Jeroen
08-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Here`s the link, check the extreme series products:) http://www.sonax.de/sonax-e/index_d.html

Here`s the link for Sonax USA,

http://www.sonax-usa.com/xtreme-line/wax%201.htm

Myles
08-26-2003, 04:36 AM
I havent ever bough anything but their window, wheel cleaners etc and i always use the car wash. The reason however i havent considered buying anything, because it all looks very basic.

Cleaner wax etc etc. I like very purposeful products. Im not a fan of the 2 in 1 stuff.

Not saying anything is wrong with their stuff though, how could i ive never tried it.

:)

Bobby G
08-27-2003, 06:59 PM
The problem with SONAX is the distribution outside of the Euro market is very poor. The importer here in the States is not willing to put the money up to meet the initial factory requirement (10,000 pieces). As a result, we have only a small handfull of SONAX products available.

I have tried a number of products from the new SONAX Xtreme line. They are wonderful. The Xtreme Shampoo is a notch above the current SONAX Gloss Shampoo, which I think is superb. The waxes are also top notch, as are the rubber/vinyl care dressings. The polishes are okay, but I think most everyone would prefer 3M or Meguiars.

By the way, Myles, the Germans are huge fans of multi-purpose products. They can`t understand why those of us from the red, white & blue states like spending so much time on our cars.

db