PDA

View Full Version : a little help...maintaining the shine

CuriousJa
07-06-2003, 06:22 AM
do i have to start all over from scratch when my wax starts loseing its nice new look? what i mean is... should i wash and AIO everytime i want to re-new my wax layer or just wash and apply more wax? will just washing and waxing still give me that deep shine like it did when i started from scratch?

jimmybuffit
07-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Odds are good that just another coat of wax will do the trick. Try one panel to see...

Jim

CuriousJa
07-06-2003, 09:30 AM
so i can just put a new layer of wax over the old deteriorating layer without removing the old stuff first?.........what would be the best way to remove only the wax(PS) without removing any AIO? Thanks- Ja

Accumulator
07-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Washing and waxing will work IF you do it soon enough. By the time you start to really NOTICE the wax fading, you`re back to where you REALLY oughta do the AIO step first. FWIW, I renew the wax on my wife`s A8 frequently, only redoing the underlying stuff once or twice a year.

Spot-clay when you wash to remove any contaminants and as Jimamary said, try one panel and see how it works. If the look isn`t what you like, next time do your rewaxing sooner.

Any "removal" of the wax would probably compromise your AIO too. It really is a matter of either rewaxing soon enough or doing both steps. When I was using Souveran on a daily driver, I had to rewax about every other week to keep it the way I wanted it.

show car
07-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Keep it protected and you will only need to wax, if you notice fading, spots, etc, I would AIO again.