PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Auto Wash $2.99 Gallon is this a deal???

snapdemon
07-05-2003, 02:18 PM
I was at my local Big Lots today and found gallon jugs of Zymol Auto Wash (blue colored coconut smelling) $2.99 a gallon. I know this is a decent price on it but I am currently using Meg`s Gold Class and am satisfied with it.

Is this stuff even comparable to the Gold Class? Its a way better deal considering I am paying $9.99 for the same amount of gold class, but if it works like poop and it sits its not much of a deal.

I bought one gallon but was wondering if I should stock up before its gone.

I won`t get around to trying it out for about a week between the holiday, work, and the weather, so I thought I would get some opinions.

Also is there any kind of shelf life on these items? I would bet no, but better to be safe than sorry

shaf
07-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Wow, good deal. :xyxthumbs Do a search on "blue zymol" and you should turn up some threads. I really like this stuff because it`s slippery and smells terrific - if you close your eyes you can smell the ingredients they list: banana, coconut, and lemon! :D Lots of people rave about Gold Class, and I haven`t tried it yet, but managed to smell it once. It smells kind of like some colonge you`d encounter in a barber shop or something... not bad I suppose.

As for shelf life my father still has a 1 gal. jug of some car shampoo sitting in his basement. :rolleyes: It`s going on about 10 years now and has only lost a few ounces due to evaporation. Just keep it cool I think and the seal (sealed I hope?) helps too. I`ve used other really old shampoos and they`re fine also.

I personally wouldn`t get more than 2 unless you use a LOT of it or want to give friends and family refills, etc. ;)

I wish they had Big Lots up here....

cerdas
07-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Thats an awesome deal! I`ve been using that stuff on my wifes car for over a year now, and it`s really terrific stuff. I think they opened up a Big lots around here somewhere...time to look it up!

splogue
07-05-2003, 03:08 PM
...and has only lost a few ounces due to evaporation.

Ah, the angel`s share!

Sean

rstype
07-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Yup, zymol`s Auto Wash is good stuff. At $2.99, it¡Â¦s a steal!

Originally posted by 4DSC

I personally wouldn`t get more than 2 unless you use a LOT of it or want to give friends and family refills, etc. ;)

Or you can resort to filling 8 oz. bottles with it. Name it autobathe.Shampu, sell it for ¡Â§only¡Â¨ $11.97, and you¡Â¦ve got a winner. The mark-up that exists in boutique products still never ceases to surprise me. Do you think the price to make zymol Clear or Pinnacle BS is even one-eighth of the price they sell for? ($45.00/16 oz. and $17.95/16 oz. respectively)

MattB
07-05-2003, 08:59 PM
I use the Meguiar`s Gold Class wash on my car, and I definately like the way it makes the car look.

Sci-Fi
07-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Zymol Auto Wash @$2.99 a gallon is a steal. Costco sells it for $7-8.00. Good stuff, if I have a choice between the 2, I would prefer using it (although Gold Class is also an excellent product).

tkr128
07-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Yep, pretty good price. I bought a gallon last week. I have half a gallon of Meguiar`s GC left. I`ve been using it to wash the wheels with. When the GC is used up, I`ll switch to the Zymol.

Sci-Fi
07-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Just an update, bought a gallon at Big Lots yesterday and you need to check the condition of the container. Lot of the bottles had pin hole leaks and/or slightly smashed bottoms. Transferring to another container when you get home may be the best and safest solution.

Vegas1
07-07-2003, 06:01 PM
After seeing this post, decided to try a couple of the local Big Lots here in CT. The only car wash they had was Simoniz.

splogue
07-07-2003, 06:06 PM
I took a trip yesterday over to my Big Lots (in sunny NC), and they didn`t have it either.

They did have Eagle One A2Z for around $2.00, though, so I didn`t leave empty-handed.

My wife says these car products are like cosmetics. I always need more, I always want to try new ones, and I have a drawer full already. Sounds like lipstick, only (hopefully) a bit more manly.

Sean

shaf
07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by splogue

My wife says these car products are like cosmetics. I always need more, I always want to try new ones, and I have a drawer full already. Sounds like lipstick, only (hopefully) a bit more manly.

Sean :rofl :LOLOL Yeah that sounds about right to me!

Spork
07-28-2003, 03:21 PM
I bought some, I do not think it cleans as well on "not so freshly waxed" finish. Mhy wife parks under some sort of tree at work and it did not take it off without a bit of work. I prefer Gold class for cleaning. I will try it on a beter car and will use it. I still have 7/8 of a gal of gold class and still could not pass it up. It sure smells good. Thought it might make good bubble bath!