PDA

View Full Version : Wax Applicator

Robert O
07-04-2003, 09:35 PM
www.tinyurl.com/g2dy

Are these good enough to apply wax with?

Robert O
07-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Anyone? I need to know! I don`t feel comfortable right now applying wax/SMR/Scratch-X with a sponge! (Hey, it`s a black ride and I have enough swirls!)

imported_phareous
07-05-2003, 08:14 PM
I`ve found the foam applicators work great. It takes a whole heck of a lot less product than a terry cloth applicator since the wax doesn`t soak in. I did my entire hood with sourevan today and I only had to wipe the applicator in the wax maybe 3 times total (and that was being generous).

If your car is clean and all you`re doing is waxing (no compounds), then you shouldn`t need to worry with swirls as there won`t be any dirt to pull across the surface.

shaf
07-06-2003, 01:46 AM
The link takes me to the front page of Canadian Tire??? :confused:

Brinn
07-06-2003, 03:13 AM
Same here.

splogue
07-06-2003, 09:58 AM
It takes three tries to get to the right place. Click on the link once to set the language to English, then again to set your zip code. Third time brings you to the pads. They look like blue foam 4" pads with blue terry cloth coverings.

Sean

imported_phareous
07-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Well if you are against foam pads you could always try microfiber pads (http://www.properautocare.com/vipmicappad.html)

They won`t scratch and you`ll still use a heck of a lot less product than you would with a terry cloth one

shaf
07-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by splogue

They look like blue foam 4" pads with blue terry cloth coverings.

Sean Oh... THOSE pads! :lol Made by Sundance (or probably just sold by Sundance). I think they`re okay I heard, if a little cheap looking since the foam doesn`t look that hot. I never used them myself but I think 2wheelsx2 might be using them.

I don`t think sponge material tends to scratch if kept clean though.