PDA

View Full Version : 3 huge bird bombs on my car.

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
08-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I have 5 coats of EX-P on my car + 3 bird bombs(one on the roof two on the trunk). The car has been in the sun all day. I will find out tomorrow how easy they come off. I know with UPP protection the mess came off very easily.

rollman
08-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I`m supprised with all those coats of EX-P it didn`t slide off as soon as it hit the surface . :lmfao

rabbi
08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
It did splatter. I tried to omit the graphics but you went there.

awd330
08-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Don`t wait until tomorrow! Hit them with S&W tonight and get as much off as possible.

rabbi
08-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Why should one buy Bird Sh*t Remover when all I/we read is use Spray and Wipe?

Poorboy
08-22-2004, 08:43 PM
:wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait :wait

get out there NOW!!! what are you waiting for...take the cream puffs away from the Whaler and send him out now to clean them up.:bigscream :bigscream

rabbi
08-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Mr Poorboy, I`m testing your sealant!:D. The Whaler is hitting the BlowFlex hard so leave him alone.

Poorboy
08-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I believe it was Dwayne who quoted some thing like this to Keeotee:

One thing to consider is that waxes and sealants are "sacrificial" barriers and not, despite some companies claims, "inpenatrable" barriers.

Highly acidic contaminants (bug splatter, bird bombs) or highly alkaline contaminants (rail dust, hard water, or water containing a strong alkaline soap solution) can damage even the best sealant when alowed to cook in the sun on a hot painted surface.

If even the clearcoat which is a fully cured urethane coating can be etched or damaged by these things if exposed to them then how much more so can a microscopic wax or sealant layer be damaged if exposed to the same elements.

Don`t be discouraged. You may need to start over by completely cleaning your paint with the vinegar solution. Wash with a car wash soap to nuetralize the paint. Try using detailing clay to remove anything above the surface. Try a mild paint cleaner and only go more agressive if necessary.

Once you obtain a flawless finish go ahead and start adding protective wax or sealants.

Dwayne

Woob
08-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Get that stuff off now! Its like if you had bird poo on yourself, you wouldn`t test your skin! Don`t risk it.

rabbi
08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Since I`ve been using Poorboy`s sealant and UPP I`ve never had a bird bomb mess up my paint. My wife has let "stuff" on her car for I don`t know how long. When I see/seen them I S&W them off or I wash the car. I`ll take care of the bird waste. Come on Woob.

Poorboy
08-22-2004, 08:58 PM
you just never know if the bird had some liverworst or taco bell for dinner:eek :lol

Woob
08-22-2004, 09:01 PM
:yeah :hah

mtodde
08-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I tried the Bird Sh#t Remover today and it worked great! When I saw the name I had to buy it, LOL. I have the S&W too, but I got a kick out of showing the BS Remover to the guys in my car club.

rabbi
08-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Did or does the Bird Sh*t Remover work better than the Spray & Wipe?

mtodde
08-22-2004, 09:36 PM
I can`t say if it worked better (I`ll try S&W next time), but the BS Remover was awesome. My car is pretty slick and it was literally spray on and wipe off. We used it on a red car with very little protection on it and it worked almost as quickly.

Like I said, with a name like that I had to buy it. I may keep it in my trunk; I already keep 2 mf towels in there.