PDA

View Full Version : DACP Micro swirls/marring

shahab1
07-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have finally got my hands on DACP and several different bonnets for my PC.

I tried using the DACP with the Yellow CMA pad last night. It took care of all the swirls but under close inspection left micro marring or micro swirls in place. These are not really visible unless you look at them under strong lighting, but they are defiantly there. While the original swirls are all gone, is this to be expected ? Did I do something wrong?

I welcome your comments.

Here are the products in my inventory, please advise on what I should use to take care of this.

DACP

CMA PADS, yellow, white, gray. Also, Yellow Finger Pad, and White Finger Pad.

PC

Auto Glym Super resin polish

Megs Gold class wax

Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze

VM WAX

S100

Megs Scratch X

3m Perfect-it II Rubbing compound

:nixweiss

JAGOWNER1981
07-04-2003, 12:52 PM
nope u didnt do anything wrong. I have been a long time user of DACP and get the same thing. Very annoying, thats why i switched to 3M. Try 3M SMR, klasse AIO, PPCL

2wheelsx2
07-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Maybe it depends on paints. I`ve never had a problem with marring after DACP. But if it did, I would just follow up with SMR, or #9, and you`re done.

The key is to really work the product, and in the final stages, let up on the pressure and let the weight of the PC remove the last bit of product. This has always worked for me.

Fr0zen
07-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Well 3M SMR is a filler that will disappear after a couple months and the swirls will apear again its only a mild abrasive. I also get micromarrying from DACP but its the pad that does go over the DACP with Meguiars Swirl Free Polish with the White pad or Buffing pad. And they should disappear.

Jngrbrdman
07-04-2003, 02:12 PM
I`ve never had marring from DACP that couldn`t be cleared up with some #9. You may want to try that too.

shaf
07-04-2003, 04:59 PM
As said, going over it again with a swirl remover (3M, Meguiars - take your pick) will fix the DACP hazing. From your inventory I`d say the closest thing you have right now to a swirl remover is the Scratch-X. You have some very mild products (VM, SRP) and some moderate strength products (DACP and PI-II) but few finer products. On the other hand, if your swirls aren`t too bad you may want to experiment with using the polishing (white in CMA`s case) pad with DACP, which is not as strong, but will also prevent the hazing.

BTW, I don`t know what your overall plans were, but the Autoglym SRP is supposed to be a mild polish as well, so you can see if that takes care of the minor hazing you have. You could be done! :)

shahab1
07-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks to all who replied.

I already tried getting the marring out with White PAD and & DCAP

but that didn`t get them out. I`ll try some of the other combos

suggested and let you know how I got on.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

shahab1
07-11-2003, 10:29 AM
I have managed to solve my problem. I bought some menzerna Ip and Fp.

The IP was used with a white CMA pad. This got rid of all of the hazing left by DACP. I don’t think the IP would have got rid of the initial swirls the way that DACP did, but it’s great for the light hazing left by more abrasive stuff.

I then used final polish with a white pad. Something was not right and I started to get some very fine swirls on top of the IP. I then switched to a gray pad which did the job.

Now that the swirls are gone I still see micro pitting on the clear coat. I’d be grateful for any advice on getting rid of or hiding these micro pits.

P.S I also have AIO now. I haven`t applied it yet. I`m not sure what combination will work best in conjuction with the products I already have. Let me knoe if you think AIO will help with the pitting.:xyxthumbs

jmsc
07-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Shahab1,

When you say "micro pitting" do you mean buffer marks (which are many tiny small marks)?

I got them using DACP a few weeks ago. I may have caused them by maybe not working the product long enuf.

I took them out with Menzerna PowerGloss which I prefer now over DACP because of those marks and the fact that PG is literally haze-free.

shahab1
07-11-2003, 01:52 PM
No, These are like thousands if micro stone chips. They haven’t gone through the clear coat , and can`t be felt with a bare finger.

You can`t even see them in natural light, BUT.... I can see them

under strong artificial lighting. They are probably about the size of a grain of sand or smaller. Looks like they have pitted or chipped the clear coat but are much too small to try and fill in.

What you describe in your post is what I had after useing DCAP.

That problem was solved after using IP.

I will try and post some pictures but I don`t know if they will be visible.

Regards

Shahab