PDA

View Full Version : first time using a buffer

shyne
07-04-2003, 01:57 AM
so today i was helping my friend wash her car, and me and my friend decied to use his dads old buffer. i`m not sure what type it is, it was called the "waxmaster 900" i think its a orbital buffer right? i goes in circles and has a big 7x10 inch pad or something like that.

i used a terry pad on it with some megaiurs #26 high tech yellow wax. easiest thing ever!!! way better and faster than doing it by hand. the biggest problem i had was it kinda hurt my hands, that freakin thing vibrates like crazy.

my question is that its a orbital buffer right?

i used the up and down the way air flows over your car motion is that the correct way to use it?

i hear great things about rotary buffers, but can also mess up paint if not in the good hands, any sugguestions about that?

imported_BretFraz
07-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Yes, its an orbital buffer and is great tool when applying a product like #26 or a one step cleaner wax. Just what the buffer is made for.

Since its an orbital you can use it any motion you like, it doesn`t matter. Just get down an even coat of product on the panel and you`ll be set.

There is lots of talk about rotarys here at Autopia so I suggest doing a Search. I think there is a sticky someplace (Pro Detailers forum?) full of rotary usage tips.