PDA

View Full Version : 8-9 month old Meg`s #9 glaze still good?

JUNNIEIV
07-03-2003, 07:05 AM
It`s just been sitting around at room temp ever since I last used it way back when (stopped when I got s100 SEC). Also, noob question, but does DACP wear clear coat down?

JUNNIEIV
07-03-2003, 11:56 AM
oops, I meant #7 (Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze)...keep getting those two confused :/ so, is there any way to avoid wearing the clearcoat down? I`ve been avoiding using any serious swirl removers for that reason...but the swirls are slowly adding up. Also, say I wanted to use AOI/SG, would I use those -before- using a glaze?

2wheelsx2
07-03-2003, 12:07 PM
It`s kinda difficult to do swirl removal without removing the clearcoat some, because swirls are scratches in the clearcoat....;)

biff
07-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mage

It`s just been sitting around at room temp ever since I last used it way back when

Nope, it`s toast! Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you. ;)

hehe, It should be fine to use. Also, I don`t think there are any abrassives in #7, I think its all very oily fillers that will wash away eventually. Its a glaze and not really a polish.

While we`re on #7, has anyone compared it 3M imperial hand glaze? I`m looking to try a new glaze step. (so send me that bottle of #7 so I can try it out... I mean throw it out) :D

AndreaBees
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
I`ve tried #7 and IHG side by side a few months ago and honestly speaking, there really isn`t much noticable difference between the two. What I did notice though is that IHG tends to fill swirls in a little better than #7 but #7 tends to leave the car`s paint a little deeper andwet looking than the IHG. This was all done on black paint previously polished with some DACP.

A really small difference in looks really. IMO, go with the #7 if you are able to remove almost all of the swirls during the compund/polishing step.

My P1.00 ($0.02) worth on this subject.

Cheers!

JUNNIEIV
07-03-2003, 01:48 PM
So how do you protect your clearcoat? :confused: or is the wearing down so insignificant, that even over a period of 5 years of bimonthly DACP / #9 / any strong swirl remover, there would be 90% or more of it left?