PDA

View Full Version : should i Dawn wash before AIO or just shampoo then AIO?

CuriousJa
07-03-2003, 05:12 AM
should i do a Dawn wash before i AIO or is it cool to just wash/shampoo then AIO? also should i put my Souveran on top of the AIO or put a layer of SG on top of the AIO then the Souveran? ive heard mixed reviews on putting Souveran over the SG due to smearing or streaking.

P.S.- ive put the Souveran over the AIO with great results on a black car so im a little leary about trying a new combo for the first time (AIO/SG/PS)

HellrotCi
07-03-2003, 06:14 AM
Trying new combos is how you learn what works best for you. Also remember, if after the first few times you try using a new product and you don`t get the results that everyone here says you should get doesn`t mean it`s not worth the effort to keep trying. Think what we would be missing if Tiger Woods told his dad that he wasn`t any good at golf after the first few tries on the golf course and gave up.

But to answer your question, I use AIO/SG/Souverän on my red BMW and I think the results look outstanding. If you`ve used the search function you should have found just about everything you need to know about using Klasse.

CuriousJa
07-03-2003, 06:19 AM
what i meant was i dont want to try a new combo on the "jem" in my bunch before i try it on one of the others first, im doing the "jem" today and was just looking for opinions

Accumulator
07-03-2003, 09:46 AM
CuriousJa- since you`re doing your "jem", I doubt it`s in really dirty shape. So I`d say skip the Dawn and just use a strong solution of regular wash soap.

I`d put a layer of SG between the AIO and the Souveran, myself. I DO NOT get streaking/smearing or anything like that when topping SG with a carnauba. Put the SG on VERY thin (so thin you can barely see it). Let it cure as long as you can before buffing it off (even overnight). Fog the surface with your breath when buffing it off and use a good quality MF. If you want to REALLY play it safe, after buffing off the SG, wait at least 24 hours before topping with Souveran. It might sound lke a hassle, but the extra protection of the SG is worth it, IMO.