PDA

View Full Version : ..the Best Shine..

imported_Alex318
07-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey all, I have been surfing around this board and I had some questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with....

I have been a faithful Klasse user for some time now but I always wonder is there something better out there? I would think peoples ultimate goal would be to give there paint the most durable protection while being highly reflective, and have great depth.

So you need a good synthetic sealants i.e. Klasse, Blackfire, Platinum, Poorboy’s EX, Zaino etc for durability and reflection. Followed by a good Caranuba wax for depth right?... So my question is for all of you detail gurus, what do you guys use and why? Are there certain waxes that you think achieve better results than others, or are these all so closely simmilar that it really doesn`t matter which you use as long as you apply them correctly?:nixweiss Are the real result found is combining products togeter, if so what combos have you all found to be optimal.

Lastly is there a large difference in what prducts you use depending on the color of the car? Sorry so many questions, but i do appreciate the input. Thanks!

Here is what combo I have been using....what do you think could make it better on a 2001 BMW, daily driver , titanium silver car..?

(full exterior detail)

2x wash of dawn

Dry

Clay bar

Emrik Fabrik power wash

Dry

Pinnacle body lotion

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG x2

Blitz

imported_Alex318
07-02-2003, 01:13 PM
60 views and no responces?... Come on guys, I some of you got to know about this stuff....:(

Beason
07-02-2003, 01:17 PM
1 wash with dawn is only needed

keep the clean wet then clay, helps with lubrication

dont know about power wash, can damage paint, suggest just a regualar wash

the rest sounds good

imported_Tony
07-02-2003, 01:36 PM
There has always been a war between: polymer sealants VS. glaze topped by a carnauba. The battle swings back and forth with each new product. The polymer protects longer. Shine is somewhat subjective but both methods can produce a great shine. Usually it is skill that wins the day.

enjoy the search!!!

imported_Alex318
07-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong but the general idea I have got is that, Zaino is usually better on lighter car since it produces a high gloss effect (Is it true that you can not follow up with a carnauba, is so why? ) And Klasse/Blitz is better for darker cars, due to its depth creating abilities. However my question is about poorboys EX, would I be able to combine this in either Zaino or Klasse route? If so what would be the benefits? Thx again

JasonC8301
07-02-2003, 02:58 PM
I guess I`ll plug the Klasse and Blitz combo for Ti Silver, a 2000 3 series.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12pic041.jpg

Here is Klasse AIO and one coat of SG on a Buick (22K miles), AIO was applied with a foam polishing pad and a rotary, the SG was applied by hand.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12buick.jpg

Here is Zaino Z1 and a coat of the new Z2 on a Tahoe. The car has about 70K on it. Prep was rotary and Menzerna IP with a foam cutting pad.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12tahoe.jpg

Zaino and Klasse offer a nice shine on light colored paints but its up to you what kind of shine you like. I prefer Zaino for easy upkeep and durability, I like Klasse because it is easier to use IMHO. Don`t have to dawn wash and AIO is a good paint prep step.

imported_Alex318
07-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Sweet thanks, I am going to place an order for Zaino. And I am debating on whether to get poorboys EX, would it make a difference on a titanium silver car, or should I use the blitz, or both?...As far as applying goes, do i apply the EX or Caranuba after completing the Zaino process?

JasonC8301
07-02-2003, 03:10 PM
If you get Zaino, no need for EX or Blitz, negates the ease of Zaino the Z line in which all you do is keep adding more Zaino layers. My detailing bag is more streamlined because of Zaino, but I always seem to carry a lot of things just in case.

imported_Alex318
07-02-2003, 03:14 PM
No need for extra work that doesn`t improve anthing , Is there any one here that has used both Zaino, and EX on a lighter colored car? If so, what was the difference?