PDA

View Full Version : Nice Cleaning Article

imported_Dave
07-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Found this today at MSN`s Auto site: http://autos.msn.com/advice/standardart.aspx?contentid=9780&src=Home&pos=Edit2. Good, sound advice. :up

imported_f150smith
07-02-2003, 09:17 AM
If you`ll check most etailers and product manufacturer`s sites you`ll also find lots of good info on car care. Most of them of coure will recommend using their products, but still you`ll likely pick up a hint or trick on one site that can be used with any product. The big difference between other site info and Autopia is that they are trying to sell you products without the vast experiece with it`s use compared to other products. At least here someone has most likely already tried every prpoduct on the market and they will give you an honest opinion as to how it works for them.

shaf
07-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by f150smith

If you`ll check most etailers and product manufacturer`s sites you`ll also find lots of good info on car care. Most of them of coure will recommend using their products, but still you`ll likely pick up a hint or trick on one site that can be used with any product. The big difference between other site info and Autopia is that they are trying to sell you products without the vast experiece with it`s use compared to other products. At least here someone has most likely already tried every prpoduct on the market and they will give you an honest opinion as to how it works for them. :bigups

In all honesty I think that article is "okay" and one step up for Joe Average that otherwise doesn`t know anything about car cleaning, but I have some problems with it. It`s not very "broad" in its techniques and kind of rigid, saying you have to do this or only this way. They also leave out a few suggestions that I would give to friends. They`re too afraid of wheel cleaners, don`t really suggest much for the tires, and aren`t careful enough in their materials suggestions (chamois or "terry towel" or sponge!! :eek: ) - related to the "advice I`d give friends" thing.