PDA

View Full Version : 50% QD+ 50% S&W Easyon Easyoff and WOW

rleven
07-02-2003, 05:46 AM
I just made a mix of Poorboy`s QD+ and Spray and Wipe. I sprayed it on my hood and then evenly spread it with a MF. It goes on much easier than straight QD+. I waited a minute for it to dry and haze up and wiped it off with a MF. Wow! It works great. The surface is like butter and it has brings back the Carnauba POP that was there from the Souveran. I used a small 8oz spray bottle that I got in the cosmetic dept at Walmart.

Poorboy`s Polish

2 X EX

3 X souveran

Bob

spotter
07-02-2003, 07:47 AM
I keep a 50/50 mix of Spray & Wipe and QuikShine in my car with about 6 PakShak MF towels at all times. I love both of these products.

TortoiseAWD
07-02-2003, 08:55 AM
rleven,

Thanks for the tip! I`ve been meaning to do that very experiment, as I have the same problem with QD+ not spreading very well. The first couple of times I used QD+, I used a damp MF to spread it . . . a couple of squirts right onto the towel, spread, let haze, wipe dry. That worked OK, but the QD+ still didn`t want to spread all that well. The last couple of times, I still used a damp towel to spread, and sprayed QD+ directly on the towel, but I also misted the panel with S&W before spreading. Much better, easier coverage.

The next step for me was to mix the two QDs directly . . . thanks for being the guinea pig. :D

Tort

Thomasfl
07-02-2003, 09:34 AM
great idea. I have those little cosmetic bottles also, very handy especially when traveling plus the spray is pretty good. I am going to experiment this weekend with S&W and both QD+ and with Quikshine. I actually prefer quikshine over EX.

rleven
07-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Did you mean EX or S&W? What is quick shine?

Bob

spotter
07-02-2003, 10:07 AM
QuikShine is a quick detail spray from ClearKote. Do a search and look for a review started by Scottwax. Several peeps believe that QuikShine may be the best quick detail spray. It is very slick, works in the sun, and is compatible with both carnauba and sealants. I think the next time I will try about 67% Spray & Wipe with about 33% QuikShine.....but the 50/50 solution works really well.

Vegas1
07-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the tip! I love both S+W and QD+, but like everyone else I`ve had a tough time spreading the QD+ evenly even with a damp MF.

rleven
07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I really don`t think that you are giving up anything by diluting it. The layer of Carnauba that is left can be seen by the haze. With the stuff straight you end up either soaking it into your applicator or wiping it off into your MF towel. And it comes off so easy! :)