PDA

View Full Version : Bug/P21S total auto wash question

B3Golde
07-02-2003, 01:26 AM
I have a `92 passat with no grill and about 1/5 of the header panel is laden in bugs, some of which are really on there hard. On the really hard ones I was going to use P21S total auto wash and I understand that this stuff is not gentle on the paint if dried. I don`t want to have to rinse my car every couple of minutes for each bug so would it be alright to just wipe down the header panel with a wet towel to get all the excess total auto wash off? If I need to I`ll just take a hose to it every time I have to.

thanks,

b3

Accumulator
07-02-2003, 10:30 AM
B3Golde - Yeah, the wet towel bit would work. The TAW isn`t SO paint-unfriendly that you really have to worry about it. Just rinse it well when you`re done, before redoing whatever you have/had on the paint.

I like TAW, but I question whether it`s the right thing for your bug problem. Unless you have a LOT of sealant on the car, the TAW is gonna remove your protection at LEAST as well as it removes the bugs, maybe better. TAW works better on oily/greasy problems than it does on bugs. It`ll probably work OK, but I`d take them off with clay, myself. Or you might want to try the CMA bug sponge (see the other "bug" thread here at the U).