PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vacation - We`re tire

keeotee
08-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Well, last Saturday the wife, daughter and I headed to Florida. We left about 2:00 in the afternoon and we just got back a little before 2:00 this Sunday morning.

We drove to Florida, then to the Outer Banks and then to Virginia and finally back here to Ohio. We put a little over 3,400 miles on the truck and 66 to 67 hours of actual driving time (my truck has an hour meter as it logs actual hours of running time).

Now I really need a vacation!

We got to meet Dwayne and see the old facilitie as he gave us a tour of the place and later Dwayne showed us around the new place. The difference between the two is astounding. This new facility is going to be great and just a world of difference.

We also got to meet two of the owners, Rick and I think it was Sam (I`m not good with names the first time round). They seem like really nice guys. Honest.

Dwayne took time from his very busy schedule, long day and to be sure he was very tired, to do this and it was very much appreciated. You can imagine how busy he was while right in the middle of moving to the new place. So my many thanks to Dwayne for this and for just taking the time from his busy day to spend time with the family and me and for being so gracious to us.

We went out to dinner after he got off from work and just relaxed and talked. The food was great and the conversation and Dwayne`s company was even better. Dwayne has a real way about him of making you feel very welcome and right at home.

After dinner Dwayne took us over to meet Gary and his wife Rhonda. These are two really nice people. They took us right in to their new home and made us feel very welcome. They were very tired too as they had just driven from Illinois and were in the process of setting up in their new home. Really nice people - honest.

We were in Florida for just a couple days and then went up and spent a couple days in the Outer Banks and then finally got to my father-in-laws house Friday evening. Saturday we loaded up the truck with whatever we wanted to take and my wife`s daughter came up from another part of Virginia with a friend to load up a trailer and truck with whatever they could take (my wife`s father wanted us to take as much as we could from the house in order to have everything gone for the new owner as he recently sold the house).

So, after doing all of this, we got started on our final leg of the journey home. I had gotten up at 5:10 that morning and it had been a pretty long day by then. I had to stop one time to rest in the back seat for about 45 minutes and that enabled me to get the rest of the way home.

We`re all very glad to be back home - including our two dogs that went with us.

You don`t even want to see my truck now! The front of it is a bug graveyard. And it`s dirty. And the dog hair! We opened the windows at one point and you should have seen the dog hair go flying around! Even the entire dashboard is completely covered with dog hiar. Unbelievable!

Well, we got to see some really neet wildlife. Saw my first osprey ever in Florida and a bald eagle in NC. Saw some stingrays in FL too.

Well, that`s about it. I want to say thank you again to Dwayne for showing us around, making us feel so welcome, giving of his time and treating us so great. Thank you also to Gary and Rhonda for inviting us into their new home and making us feel welcome.

Now I just have to unload the truck and then sweep it out!

AutopiaAdmin
08-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Scott! It was my pleasure meeting you and I`m glad that you made it back home safely.

Our old facility is now empty and we are opening our new store tomorrow morning!

Now that Gary is here and the move is over my stress level is getting back down to tolerable levels.

One more week of 12 hour days and then I will be able to get back dow to 50 hours a week. :dunno

Thank you again for taking us to dinner. What a great time!

Take care,

Dwayne

Poorboy
08-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Welcome back..sounds like quite an adventure:D

clean4u
08-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Welcome back!!!

kartoon
08-22-2004, 12:29 PM
That`s a lot of driving. What kind of a truck is it - a pickup/SUV or something much bigger ?

rabbi
08-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Welcome back KEE! Glad you had a great time and made it back safely.

keeotee
08-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome back! I missed Detail City to be sure. It was my pleasure to meet you in person Dwayne and you are most welcome for the dinner - it was the least I could I do. :)

I`m very glad to hear that things are shaping up at the new place. I know you are very excited about it and the changes for the better that are taking place! :) Sounds like Gary is fitting right in very well and a hard worker. That was my impression of him too when we met. I am confident he is going to be a great asset to you there at PAC.

Kartoon, my truck is a chevy silverado, 2003, Z71, extended cab. Very nice ride.

Gary Jones
08-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks, keeotee. We really enjoyed your visit as well. I only wish we had some furniture for you guys to sit on and we hadn`t been so tired. It was a pleasure meeting your family. Glad you made it home, safe and sound. Take care and see you later.

Gary

Boss_429
08-22-2004, 02:07 PM
kee,

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time.