PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO Crappy Plastic Bottle

atldave
07-01-2003, 03:38 PM
A couple months ago I ordered some AIO and pads for my PC from Properautocare.com

When I opened the box, the AIO had leaked out and there was a little crack in the red plastic jug even though it was packed very well with lots of foam peanuts in big box.

I emailed properautocare to let them know that I`d like a full bottle for my $25 or whatever it was.

Jan emailed me back in about 1 minute (this was at about 5:30 AM too) and said he`d send me another one and just keep the one I had as a gift. He said they do have problems with them breaking sometimes.

Not more than an ounce or so spilled out, so no biggie and I felt like I got a great deal.

I detailed my car, and after seeing that it will take me 10 years to use a bottle, I gave the bottle with a hole to a friend after sealing the crack with epoxy.

I get my new bottle, but it up on a shelf where it has sat for a couple months, and then I accidentally knocked it off the shelf. The bottle shatteredand I may be the first member to have AIO`d my garage floor.

So I don`t expect proper to send me another free bottle, but it just pisses me off.

Just wanted to warn everyone to be extra careful with the $25 polish in the $.02 plastic.

Just wanted to vent, thanks!

Jngrbrdman
07-01-2003, 03:48 PM
I`m with you on the crappy bottle thing. I`ve dropped a bottle or two in my day. The area that cracks on me the most often is on the handle. I did have 3 or 4 bottles of AIO break open in a suitcase while taking a load of Klasse to our neighbors up north. ;) If you think an ounce in a box full of packing material is messy, you should see 4 bottles of AIO spilled all over a suitcase. I had 2 bottles of SG crack too I think. I can`t remember. All I know is that it was a bloody mess to clean up. The lids were the problem on that one. they snapped right off and left a huge hole on the top of the bottle. I had a very shiney suitcase though. :D

The best thing I`ve ever done is to pour the AIO into a squirt bottle. The place I buy my Meguiar`s stuff at sells these little squirt bottles (kind of like ketsup bottles at a burger place but shorter and fatter) for like a buck each. They hold 16 ounces I think. Much better than the Klasse bottle. I haven`t dropped it yet but I get the feeling that it would probably bounce better. :lol

2wheelsx2
07-01-2003, 03:56 PM
RedCarGuy showed a pic of a bottle of AIO with the lid and neck of the bottle snapped off when it hit his garage. Must still be in his album. So you`re the SECOND guy to Klasse his garage! :D

2000_EBP_civic
07-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I did have 3 or 4 bottles of AIO break open in a suitcase while taking a load of Klasse to our neighbors up north. ;)

so thats why my bottles were all messy :(

Jngrbrdman
07-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey, I tried to clean em up. I took pics of the process but that dump of a hotel didn`t ever send my camera back to me. Stupid donkey.... :angry

hazman
07-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by atldave

...and then I accidentally knocked it off the shelf. The bottle shatteredand I may be the first member to have AIO`d my garage floor....

That`s exactly the reason why I transfer my Klasse twins in those small 2oz squeeze bottles. Apart from preventing the bottles from breakage, I get to roughly measure how much product I`m using for a project.

I simply can`t afford to have any of those bottles break on me. It just costs too much money, takes too much time and trouble to get those Klasse bottles here in Manila!

Fr0zen
07-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Heh Get this I orderd 2 Eagle One Wet Tire Gel`s When I recived them the bottles both leaked maybe 1/4 of each I called them up I Filled one bottle full with the other one. They sent me 2 new bottles now I have 4 but the new ones still leaked. I finally found out why the faulty Cap on those things isnt completly screwed on and if you turn harder it will pop over and unscrew it self eagleone should fix that.

imported_f150smith
07-01-2003, 09:43 PM
I`m with all of you on the crappy bottle design of AIO and SG. I`ve not broken mine but they are a PIA to use so I did like several of you. I picked up some small squirt bottles at REI, I think mine are 4 oz that I transferred some of each into. Makes it much easier to dispense and the shape of the bottles I got is perfect for slipping in my back pocket while i work.

Bill D
07-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the Klasse bottles. And to think, Liquid Glass which you could get in Pep Boys comes in a tin container. I would expect the same quality from Klasse. I have a lot of 4-6 oz bottles from hotel shampoo that I use to dispense the products for my paint. Work great as a traveling kit too. :)

Jngrbrdman
07-01-2003, 10:04 PM
Tin containers probably are more costly than plastic ones. I think I`ve seen Klasse in a tin can before. The really old ones were. I don`t think it would cost them too much to find a new design for the bottle. I doubt that Klasse manufactures the bottles they use. They should shop around for some better ones that don`t break as easily.

shaf
07-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by bacon

That`s exactly the reason why I transfer my Klasse twins in those small 2oz squeeze bottles. Apart from preventing the bottles from breakage, I get to roughly measure how much product I`m using for a project.

I simply can`t afford to have any of those bottles break on me. It just costs too much money, takes too much time and trouble to get those Klasse bottles here in Manila! Join the club! :) I bought my Klasse used last year some time from the US and keep them shut away in a dark cabinet. When I needed any I treat the stuff like liquid gold and carefully meter it out into tiny bottles. (Hey, it was expensive!) I use 1oz squeeze bottles with the 1oz point marked off so I can see how many coats I`m getting per ounce! :D

alsey
07-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey Brian,

Where did you get the 1oz squeeze bottles? I`ve been looking all over and I finally settled on buying those travel sized shampoo bottles for $1. It would be nice if I can find just the empty bottles for cheaper.

shaf
07-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by alsey

Hey Brian,

Where did you get the 1oz squeeze bottles? I`ve been looking all over and I finally settled on buying those travel sized shampoo bottles for $1. It would be nice if I can find just the empty bottles for cheaper. I don`t know who or where else might sell them, but I got mine at a plastics shop named Industrial Plastics & Paints in Richmond. Just look under the "plastics" heading in the yellow pages. They had several bins of mix and match bottles with different tops. I think it came out to $1 and change each, but I haven`t found bottles this small elsewhere. If you want a bigger bottle easier, Lewiscraft has a 4oz tipped squirt bottle for $2.

alsey
07-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks Brian!

Heh, Maybe I will stick with my shampoo bottles since I am not usually in Richmond, and plus I get 2oz of shampoo for the same price as the empty bottle..hehe I spent way too much already so I gotta start being cheap.

I hope those solvents don`t eat through the sampoo bottles though!