PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any input on Meg. Speed Glaze?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spilchy
07-01-2003, 01:52 PM
I did a search first and came up with three threads regarding Speed Glaze, but didn`t get any real useful info.

Any updates on the product? It looks like a nice product falling in between #9 and DACP.

I was thinking about adding it to the arsenal for jobs that may need a little extra oomph over #9.

I think Speed Glaze followed by VM then a carnuba topper could result in a nice look and a reliable prescription for the cars I work on.

Any feedback on the product would be appreciated.

shaf
07-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Did you read some of 2hotford`s posts? He uses and likes this stuff...

Spilchy
07-01-2003, 02:53 PM
hhhmmm, no I didn`t. I did a search for "speed glaze" for the title of the thread and came up with 4 posts. I`ll look under his name then. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyway, any further updates??

AWDRATT
07-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi Spilchy,

I had the same question and Mike Phillips wrote this response:

Speed Glaze is unique in that it contains a synthetic, "Paintable Polymer".

This offers painters and body shop owners a way to provide their customers with a level of "paint protection" throughout the paint manufactures recommended cure period, (like that offered by a synthetic wax), without the fear of contaminating the shop or interfering with the cure process.

It has a high content of Meguiar`s trade secret polishing/conditioning oils and thus makes dark colors look very dark, much like some of Meguiar’s pure polishes. Example: #7 Show Car Glaze, #3 Machine Glaze, Deep Crystal Polish and #81 Hand Polish.

At the same time, it is a "Cleaner/Polish", because it also contains Meguiar`s Diminishing Abrasive Technology, which enables it to remove fine defects while leveling the surface.

It is not as aggressive as #83 Dual-Action Cleaner Polish but is more aggressive than #9 Swirl Remover as well as #82 Swirl Free Polish.

Because of the above three characteristics it is unique among the Mirror Glaze line of products.

It’s a product that you must try for yourself in order to find out if it works for your particular situation.

It can be used by hand, rotary buffer and dual-action polisher.

I hope this helps…

Mike Phillips

shaf
07-02-2003, 12:56 AM
:cool: info on this product. I probably won`t use it myself, but that was some interesting stuff. Thanks lynx!

Spilchy
07-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Thanks! Informative post. EXACTLY what I was looking for! Now why can`t he answer the phone at their tech support line!

Sounds like a interesting product. I think I`m going to try it. Looks like I can polish and glaze at the same time! I`ll put aside the #9 and #7 and try this out with a carnuba topper.

Thomasfl
07-02-2003, 09:21 AM
that sounds like a pretty interesting product.

Tim Lingor
07-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Hey!

Just make sure that you work the product until it breaks down! It will give an awesome shine and gloss!!! I think that it is one of Meguiar`s best products!!

Also look at the following gallery by Varong. He uses mostly Speed Glaze on the exotics!!

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5068&thumb=1

Cheers!

Tim

shaf
07-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Just to set the universe back into balance :D I don`t think this "combination of glaze and polish" thing is exactly unique to Speed Glaze. Lots of products like #9, DACP, SMR, etc, etc combine abrasives/cleaners with glaze AFAIK. Speed Glaze just has a different strength niche and offers a bit of protection too.

Tim Lingor
07-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi Brian,

I guess what makes it unique is it`s paintable polymer; It is safe to use on freshly painted cars.

But more than that, yes, it did does fill a niche between #9 and DACP, but it also contains a lot of Meguiar`s pure polish (like #3, #7) which the others do not. Sure they do contain polish to a certain degree but not to the same extent that Speed Glaze does.

Is it the all to end all product? No. It does clean, polish and protect but IMHO it is still better to break those steps up.

Cheers!

Tim

ps. So I guess you will have a busy city for 2010 games!! Yikes!

Scottwax
07-02-2003, 04:57 PM
I`ll have to get some the next time I am at my Meguiars distributer and try it out.

Tim Lingor
07-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Hey Scott,

Just make sure that you work it in really well!

Oops! I forgot who I was talking to!! :p

I have not talked with you in a while; How`s everything?

Tim

Scottwax
07-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Tim-staying busy!

imported_chr9s
07-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I tried Speed Glaze but didn`t like it so much. It applied very easily, both by hand and by PC, but left some kind of film that was hard to see under natural light.

Fr0zen
07-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Is speed Glaze a Good product to use after DACP to remove buffer holograms and Tiny Swirls Should I use the Meg`s Finishing Pad or Polishing Pad. Or Is meg`s Swirl Free Polish Better for this ?

Thanks