PDA

View Full Version : first full detail

imported_indy
07-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Greetings all,

I just finished my first full detail of my truck tonight. I spent a total of 10 hours on it today (whew...sleepy). It really came out great though. Here`s a link to my photo album on my MSN Group page. MSN only allows 600x400 in the photo album pics though, so they don`t quite do my work justice. I did upload the full size pics but I`m not sure how to see them after that. Anyway here`s the link:

http://groups.msn.com/BillsIndyPage/ranger.msnw

I used the Meg`s deep crystal system products (paint cleaner, polish) and Meg`s Gold Class wax. Washed with Gold Class car shampoo first. Also used Meg`s Scratch X on the hood 2x to remove water spotting. All execept wax was applied with pc. The paint cleaner worked great, left the paint squeeky clean. The polish realy made the red come alive too!

I hit the tires with double strength car wash and 2x with my heavy duty purple cleaner/degreser. Dressed with an aerosol tire dressing applied by hand.

I`m considering adding a coat of carnuba wax on top of the Gold Class wax since I`ve read on here that the Gold Class doesn`t last very long.

My wife got home a little while ago and is now begging for me to do her car (black Sebring Convertable). I need a couple of days to rest up a little first though.:p

Thanks to all the great info on here my truck (and soon my wife`s car) is looking better than it ever has before. Thanks guys.:D

ultrajim49
07-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Congrats:xyxthumbs

Good job:xyxthumbs

Christiaan

Blue-Sun
07-01-2003, 07:36 AM
edit: I was trying to link to a pic, but it didn`t work.

That`s a great shine on the truck. let`s see some before pics!

Dude, you need some new wheels on that truck to make it stand out more!

endus
07-01-2003, 07:53 AM
:up

I agree new wheels would make all the difference in the world on that mutha.

imported_BretFraz
07-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Looks great :up That`s prolly the shiniest Ranger I`ve seen. Most of them are beat to the ground.

Well done. :up

imported_indy
07-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes, wheels are in the plan but money is an issue. Also the wife is an even greater issue, but my truck will eventually have new wheels. It`s actually pretty fun right now because it looks like a plain stock truck from the outside, but I`ve made a couple of performance mods that give it a little more kick than stock (intake, exhaust, k&n).:D

Unfortunately I didn`t take before pics, guess I was too excited to get started. The truck was always pretty shiney, what the detail did was remove water spotting, and add clarity and depth to the color. I`m hooked now and loving everyminute of it. I`ll look through my personal archives and see if I can find any dirty truck pics and post on my msn site.

Magellan498
07-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Great Job! :up