PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic!! Wonderful and glad!!

Pages : [1] 2

xenangel
06-30-2003, 01:50 AM
Hello greetings to all!!!

I`m farid and coming 25 and from brunei (asia) and i cant stop coming back in here to find out more about detaling cars.

I thought i knew it all but i was completely wrong. There`s more to it than just washing and polishing.... But where i live there`s soo little products, and the only one i that i`ve been using is autoglym...

But here it`s a totally different world!!! and i love it!!!!!

Thanks for the founders of AUTOPIA!!!! u made my passion more than what it was before!! thanks again!!:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

p.s pics of my car

chris0626
06-30-2003, 02:02 AM
:welcome Farid. So glad you found Autopia. Yes, we are completely nuts about cars. I have learned so much on this forum!

Now ... I`ll show my ignorance. Where is Brunei?

disasnguy
06-30-2003, 02:39 AM
silvia... drool

jaim
06-30-2003, 03:19 AM
Farid,

Welcome!!!

I live in Manila, Philippines.

Since our country is somewhat "americanized" than your country, we have several products available here that is somewhat popular in the USA like Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One and Turtle Wax... but we still do not have those top of the line products like Klasse, Zaino available localy thus, we need to pay a very expensive shipping cost just to get the product... Don`t be discourage by this... fine products like Klasse, Zaino etc. is worth the cost...

Lynn,

Brunei is in South East Asia situated near Indonesia, Guam and New Zealand Brunei is one of those rich countries in the world that has a lot of oil deposits.

xenangel
06-30-2003, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and yes jaim brunei in on one of the continents which is borneo, singapore is one country that u might know lynn.

Yea its too bad we dont have alot of products but at least i now i will soon know to become a enthusiast about cars!!!!

Thanks again!

jaim
06-30-2003, 03:30 AM
Farid,

If you need some products that is available here in the Philippines, I can help you get it and ship it to Brunei. I think it will be cheaper to come from here than coming from the USA.

Like I have said we, have the following brands here;

Meguiars

Mothers

Eagle One

Turtlewax

Autoglym

Valugard

Soft99 (Unknown to USA but very good line of products from Japan)

Just email me at jaim@www.com.ph

xenangel
06-30-2003, 03:34 AM
i`ve been using autoglym for quite a no. of years.. jus recently i ordered zaino products from singapore so i`m going to try that first... But jaim, whats ure opinion on the products u mention above and do u mix and match or use just one brand only?

jaim
06-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Farid,

Currently, I am using Klasse AIO and Klasse SG.

You may want to see a picture of my hood with 2 Coats of Klasse AIO and 4 coats of Klasse SG

http://www.www.com.ph/jaim/jaim-xuv-01.jpg

http://www.www.com.ph/jaim/jaim-xuv-02.jpg

http://www.www.com.ph/jaim/jaim-xuv-03.jpg

I think, a wax based protection is not appropriate for Asian Vehicles because of weather conditions, specially during the rainy season thus I opted to use an acrylic based protection such as Klasse.

If you have Zaino... that is a great product... though harder to apply that Klasse.

safetyman2010
06-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

:welcome Farid. So glad you found Autopia. Yes, we are completely nuts about cars. I have learned so much on this forum!

Now ... I`ll show my ignorance. Where is Brunei?

Middle east.

HellrotCi
06-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ShineShop

Middle eastNot quite, it`s located in Southeastern Asia, bordering the South China Sea and Malaysia. If you`ve got a broadband connection watch this video about Brunei Darussalam. (http://www.bruneiembassy.org/brunei_high_res.ram)

chris0626
06-30-2003, 09:16 AM
:lol Who would have thought that our love of detailing would also lead us to a renewed interest in world geography? Pretty cool, I think.

xenangel
06-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

:lol Who would have thought that our love of detailing would also lead us to a renewed interest in world geography? Pretty cool, I think.

:) can`t beat em join em :up

xenangel
06-30-2003, 10:42 AM
well actually ejant the car is brand new, its only one year old, but take care of it much, my mum always nagging on how i spend too much time on my car and not helping out in the house :)

But after joining here and reading about detailing cars, i went bezerk and went online to order zaino and MF towels!!! so tomolo is D-day for my car and will post pics of my progress!!

Wish me luck :)

butchdave
06-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by HellrotCi

Not quite, it`s located in Southeastern Asia, bordering the South China Sea and Malaysia. [/URL]

I think the problem is that its a Sultanate and mentally when I hear Sultan I tend to think Middle East, especially when its mentioned along with oil (as in Sultan of Brunei - or maybe thats an association only the British would make :confused: )

Anyway, welcome xenangel. Carry on with the Autoglym if you can get it easier or cheaper, I would expect similar results to the Klasse. You should try topping it with wax if thats going to work in your climate.

imported_Smoker
06-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Middle east = Sheiks.

Sultan Of Brunei was the worlds wealthiest dude for a long time till Billy Gates came out with windows ....

:mad: