PDA

View Full Version : HT-62 Light Cut Swirl Remover vs 3M PI III MG vs DACP vs S100 SEC

imported_rajs
06-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Hello -- I have read quite a few threads on each of these items but had a couple of questions of my own:

Little Background:

I have a PC and have the following pads from TopOfTheLine -- the 7.5" DuraFoam Velcro Pads -- 2 of the Yellow Cutting, 2 of the White -- Polishing and 2 of the Black Finishing Pads.

There are two cars I want to take care of:

1st car is a 3 month old car -- Pewter Colored (Silverish - Grey).

2nd car is a ~ 4 years old -- Black -- with quite a few scratches / swirls.

The new pewter car`s paint is in pretty good shape and is being taken care of using the following regimen --

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24970

The second car was well -- not taken care of at all -- its my parents car. There was dirt and dust caked onto it, the front wheels were pure black in color basically, swirls and minor scratch marks galore -- all over the place.

This weekend while I was visiting them -- I went ahead and decided to clean the Black Car up and see if I could make it look any better (tough not to be able to). Anyways -- I went ahead and dawn washed the car very carefully and got it clean and dry. Looked very good -- except for the swirls and scratches. I decided to take some S100 SEC and via the PC managed to really clean up the car quite a bit. From around 6 feet away the car now looks great. When I get right up on it though I still see some areas that have swirls and scratches / scuffs in it.

Any suggustions on what I should use to try to make it better: I was considering the items below:

- 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze

- Meguiar`s Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

- Hi-Temp "Light Cut" Swirl Remover -- Saw on a thread here somewhere that Anthony O uses this item on like 95 % of the vehicles he does.

- S100 Shine-enhancing Cleanser

BTW --- For the Pewter Car (3 months old) -- I figure the S100 SEC by itself for now should be good enough -- off course correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the advice or suggustions.

- rajs

switerajaya
06-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Looks like your ending the products with S100 SEC a mild polish, so everything you`ve done so far is a great prep for the final protection. So in addition you will have to wax the car for your actual protective layer. S100/P21s is great or maybe a sealant.