PDA

View Full Version : Look out S100 here comes so competition

Detailing NY
06-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I was lucky enough to try some of clearkotes carnuba wax.

Here is my honest opinion of the product.

It did not go one as smooth or spread as easy as s100. I dont know if this product was made to be used in the sun as well. I had no choice to use in the sun as i was at the customers home.

I applied it the same way i do s100. waited a few seconds and wiped it off. This is where the clearkote wax came through.

wow, it looked awesome. easy on easy off

The car looked as if i had used VM before i applied the wax. This was a test car (2001 3.2tl s) Customer loved it and wanted to know what i used.

There was no hazing and the product removed very easy.

Camera was dead again.

I am going to detail another car tomorrow and i will try to remember to take pix.

I will be using the VM and the wax on one panle and VM s100 on another panel to see the exact difference.

so far clearkote is really putting out some great products.

Pats300zx
06-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Nice..can`t wait to see a comparison shot...

Jngrbrdman
06-29-2003, 05:12 PM
I think that appearance of most waxes has become so subjective that we are probably at a time where the difference are going to be in application and durabilty. Souveran looks great, P21S looks great, S100 looks great, Blitz looks great, and so on and so on. The only way to tell the difference anymore is in how easy they are going on and off and how well they stand up to the elements. I`m glad that clearkote is out there to give us some more products to compare, but I`m to the point where appearance is in the eye of the beholder and all that really matters to me is if its a dust magnet and will it last for at least 3 weeks so I don`t have to wax every other day. Durability isn`t very high on my list, but I would like it to be tough enough to rate as a good 4 week wax.

rstype
06-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I think that appearance of most waxes has become so subjective that we are probably at a time where the difference are going to be in application and durabilty. Souveran looks great, P21S looks great, S100 looks great, Blitz looks great, and so on and so on. The only way to tell the difference anymore is in how easy they are going on and off and how well they stand up to the elements. I`m glad that clearkote is out there to give us some more products to compare, but I`m to the point where appearance is in the eye of the beholder and all that really matters to me is if its a dust magnet and will it last for at least 3 weeks so I don`t have to wax every other day. Durability isn`t very high on my list, but I would like it to be tough enough to rate as a good 4 week wax.

I agree with Jngr. It doesn`t take much research and experience to come up with a shiny and slick wax... it`s called silicone oil. A real winner is a product that has significantly new technology that aids in dust attraction, clarity, and protection. Those three are far more important in my book - I`m just a humble, enthusiast detailer. I do realize that the priorities of a professional detailer focus more on ease of use, swirl hiding, slickness, though...

Scottwax
06-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BW

I agree with Jngr. It doesn`t take much research and experience to come up with a shiny and slick wax... it`s called silicone oil. A real winner is a product that has significantly new technology that aids in dust attraction, clarity, and protection. Those three are far more important in my book - I`m just a humble, enthusiast detailer. I do realize that the priorities of a professional detailer focus more on ease of use, swirl hiding, slickness, though...

I`ve used the Clearkote carnuba on my own car, drove it down to Austin the next day (200 miles one way), back to Dallas 2 days later, then the whole week until it rained on Friday morning (8 days after I applied it) and even after it rained, much like S100, my car still looked pretty good, especially since I didn`t drive in the rain. Of course, after 8 days and about 800 miles total driving, it did have some dust on it, but no more than S100 would have had.

It will leave a slightly darker shine than S100. I haven`t been using it long enough to determine the durability yet.

Detailing NY
06-30-2003, 02:20 PM
I must be honest and say I have not tested it for durabilty, but what autopian does. We are all so anal about our cars, we detail them every week or so.

The test will be over the winter when i winterize the car and see what happens over the winter.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Is it avalible at cleakote.com yet is it a payste or liquid. And when will clearkotes agressive polish be out that blue bottle stuff.

imported_Greg
06-30-2003, 06:37 PM
I`ll call Everett tomorrow and let you all now arrival dates for new products.

Scottwax
06-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Is it avalible at cleakote.com yet is it a payste or liquid. And when will clearkotes agressive polish be out that blue bottle stuff.

It is a liquid.

I don`t know when Blue Moose is due out. Definitely an aggressive product! I used it today after de-tarring the rear bumper on a work truck. What was left behind after using a razor blade and Goo Gone was quickly removed by the Blue Moose. On a clearcoated paint job, you will need to follow BM with something like DACP or Swirl Free since it will lightly haze clearcoats.