PDA

View Full Version : Im stuck... help me

2k2blackWRX
06-29-2003, 02:26 PM
So today is my last day off from my detailing shop because my boss was on vaca and I was going to detail my brothers black 2003 mercury cougar.

I knew the paint was in bad condition but what I got was way beyond what I expected. There were tons and tons fo swirls yes, but there were also tons and tons of little scratches from machine car washes, people leaning against the car and just lots of abuse because its a road car for all of his travelling baseball trips.

The swirls come out really easy with PI-II but those damn little scratches wont budge, not even with PI-II and a wool pad and the PC on 6. I could go over the whole car with the wool pad and leave those little scratches (none that can be even felt with a finernail mind you) but as a true autopian I feel I am cheating myself and my brother.

PI-II is the strongest compound I have on me right now. Tommorow I could borrom some diamond cut compund from the shop and use that on the whole car hoping it will get those scratches out which I think it will.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Go over the car and leave the scratches, only to eventually go over it again with Diamond Cut therefore wasting all the time I spent on it.

Wait till I get more free time this week and only do his interior and do the exterior with diamond cut.

Stop right now and go to the pool and enjoy the nice day outside.

I really wanted to get this done but damn me if I wont be happy even if I use Megs show car glaze and gold class wax to try and fill in some of the scratches.

Damn black cars!!!

Bryan

BradE
06-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, I know how you feel. I`ve been there, especially on family members cars. The car looks 1000x better, yes? It sounds like you have done everything you can with it. I would finish the detail and return the car to your brother. I`m sure he will be thrilled with it.

Sounds like the scratches won`t come out even with a PC. You will probably need to use a rotary to get rid of them. If you want to try and get them out go for it. However, I`m sure your brother will love the car as is. :up

imported_BretFraz
06-29-2003, 10:47 PM
I would try the Diamond Cut on the areas where the scratches are. If that works, remove swirls with a SMR or whatever you have. If Diamond Cut doesn`t work sometimes the only way to remove deep scratches is to sand them out then buff out the sanding marks. But that`s a call you`ll have to make at that time. Until then it sounds like you`re doing everything you can. Good luck.