PDA

View Full Version : Help! Leather got messed up by APC

Jon718
06-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Guys,

While doing some interior cleaning I accidently spilled some Meguiars APC on my new leather seats and i did`nt know it happened till I came back from lunch and saw that parts of my newly reupholstered beige leather has turned white!!!! Arghhhhh I am going to kill myself. The APC was a 4:1 dilution and was doing some carpet cleaning using a spray bottle....

Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this? I think the APC ate through the leather or the dye. I am assuming I have to find a dye that will match mine?

all help would be appreciated!!!!!

JasonC8301
06-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Try a leather condtioner and if that does not help, www.leatherique.com makes a restoration kit.

if not reupholster it.

Jon718
06-29-2003, 01:08 AM
It was just reupholstered!!!!!! =( Its only a small area of the leather but enough to get me upset.. .

JasonC8301
06-29-2003, 01:45 AM
maybe a discount for repeat business :)

www.leatherique.com has some kits to restore your leather.

hmm, I might be ordering for there soon. Where in NYC are you? Brooklyn? Queens?

Jon718
06-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Jason: I am from Queens and plus the leather kits were repupholstered by me. I spent a good amount of time doing it myself and for this to happen is like shooting myself in the head!

larry_bar56
06-29-2003, 12:25 PM
We just had some work done on leather couch with a stain that wouldn`t come out. A professional leather guy showed up and he matched the color and dyed the area.

It looked perfect for a few days until the stain started bleeding through. But, since you have a white spot going to beige you should get good results. Check the yellow pages for a leather repair person near you.