PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

Fr0zen
06-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Has anyone tried this stuff Im thinking of buying. The Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and Engine Kote and Finial Detail. Im wondering because the Cleaner and conditioner isnt body shop safe so it might contain silicones but im not sure thanks.

Here is a pic and link.Dealer Goodies Meguiars Detailer Line (http://www.dealergoodies.com/page293.html)

Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

http://www.dealergoodies.com/images/D4501.jpg

Finial Detail QD

http://www.dealergoodies.com/images/D5101.jpg

Engine Kote

http://www.dealergoodies.com/images/D4301.jpg

Cant Beat these Prices at dealergoodies,CMA Charges Way more for engine kote a Total of $60 for those 3 products im ready to order them so give me some thoughts thanks.

:wavey

rleven
06-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Your best bet is to email Megs about the content of these products. It may contain silicones and be unpaintable unlike Final Inspection.

Fr0zen
06-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Is that Bad I mean what If it does contain silicones. Im just looking to use it as a QD.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Anyone use the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner ??

imported_Smoker
06-30-2003, 01:06 PM
I used Medallion Leather cream.

Works for me - theres no way on earth I would go through a gallon o that stuff.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Oh the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Im geting a gallon because I do a couple cars a week. And im also Filling up a bottle for a friend. But before I order I want to know if it is anygood Because I will just go ahead and order Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner If it isnt. I need a QD To Im useing EF Clear Pearl Now with 1/4 of the bottle Left And I need to restock so if i order from there I will just go along with engine kote and finial detail. So if anyone has used it please let me know I want to go ahead and order.

Spilchy
06-30-2003, 02:04 PM
I use the Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner you buy in Target. I used it on a MB little CLK yeserday with black leather. The results are stellar. The woman was shocked at how well her seats looked (as well as the rest of her car ;) )

I used on a 78` MB 450 SEL too with the same results.

It was under $5. Can`t beat it. It`s all I use now for a one step leather product.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 02:06 PM
I see so the Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Must be good also . Or at least im guessing. Ok I guess I will go ahead and put the order in at dealer goodies. For Engine Kote,Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and Finial Detail.

Spilchy
06-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

I see so the Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Must be good also . Or at least im guessing. Ok I guess I will go ahead and put the order in at dealer goodies. For Engine Kote,Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and Finial Detail.

Sounds good. They have some great prices on polishes and compounds too. What`s cool is that you see the abrasive scale on the front of each bottle. This way you can see all the products lined up on one page.

As far as the leather cleaner / conditioner, you can always try out the Gold Class available at Target, K Mart etc... It`s a very good product IMHO. I mean it`s only $5. You know, while you`re waiting for your gallon to arrive ;)

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Yah Im not that desprite I still have some Lexol cleaner and conditioner left.

Spilchy
06-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Yah Im not that desprite I still have some Lexol cleaner and conditioner left.

Blah, I`m not a fan of those products. Maybe I`m doing something wrong, but, they`re more of a pain to apply and remove.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Lexol Yeah there products are pretty cheap. I never see a diffrence in leather when useing it besides that its a little cleaner. the conditioner is sticky for days. It was ment for leather boots since I always see it at ACE Hardware by there work boots section.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 08:15 PM
if anyone still has anything to add about the cleaner and conditioner please do so thanks. There has to be someone on autopia that uses the Meguiars Detailer line Leather Cleaner and conditioner.

imported_Greg
06-30-2003, 10:53 PM
I saw some at the local shop, but wondered how in the hell I would ever go through that much leather conditioner.

Fr0zen
06-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Im spliting half of it with a friend. and for 27 buck you could have a gallon and use as much as you possibly want and not be scared you dont have enough and its almost as cheap as those lexol products at $11.00 a pop at local stores.