PDA

View Full Version : QD`s

probegt
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Im almost out of Final Detail and even though I like it very much, I think I am gonna try something new. I debating on QD+, 4*UGE, 4* spray & wax, and Final Touch. Which would yall prefer?

JaredPointer
08-21-2004, 04:58 PM
This isn`t on your list and I definitely do not want to steer business away from any of the sponsors, but I just finished using EO wipe and shine today and it looks ghetto fab-lus. I do want to get me some of the 4* spray and wax after reading the recent thread about it.

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 05:59 PM
probegt,

Keep in mind that QD+ is more of a "Quick Wax", and I wouldn`t use it like a regular QD.............. it is a nice quick wax though! :D The 4* Spray & Wax is probably a similar product, and I`ve heard good things about it.

I really like the 4* UGE when I`m using synthetic waxes like UPP and EX-P. I`ve also heard good things about the Final Touch, but haven`t had a chance to use it yet. If it has silicone in it like Final Detail, it will probably be a really nice product on carnauba finishes.

ClearKote`s Quik Shine is also a very nice product.

HondaMan
08-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Guys, I have 4* UPP as my final coat and am gonna get some UGE...in the meantime, I do have some PB QD....if I go back and forth in the next few weeks/months between QD and UPP/UGE, any problems? I think they`re all layerable, right, so if I keep laying one on the other, shouldn`t be anything dumb I`m doing?

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 09:27 PM
HondaMan,

To be honest, if you are talking about QD+, and not Spray & Wipe, I would stick with the UGE over the UPP. The carnauba in the QD+ might cause some problems should you want to add another coat of UPP. Of course, you could start over again with UGC or AIO which will clean off anything on there anyhow.

probegt
08-21-2004, 09:42 PM
I havent used Spray & Wipe yet, so should I reconsider it for a QD instead of the QD+? I am looking for just QD and not a quik like wax.

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 09:44 PM
S & W would work great! If you don`t have it, I recommend that you get some (plenty)! It`s probably my favorite/most used detailing product.

probegt
08-21-2004, 09:49 PM
All the talk about S&W makes me wonder why I havent got it yet :doh I think I will get some and some UGE just for kicks. Thanks for the advice.:bigups

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Yea, keep in mind that S & W is not a real "glossy" QD. However it is about the safest QD you can use on your paint. It is also a fine window cleaner, and chrome cleaner.............. and lot`s of other stuff.

For added "POP", a regular QD like UGE is just the ticket. Just use the S & W "anytime" you think the surface needs a cleaning/QD`ing before you touch it with anything else. This will really help keep the spider web marks to a minium.

HondaMan
08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I have QD+....that`s what I meant (I thought QD`s always referred to something "waxy" not "cleansy" lol)....anyway, I put some of the QD+ on the car already so if I really need to apply UPP/UGE again down the line, I`ll see what folks here have experienced or I`ll AIO/SG it from scratch and then re-build with UPP/UGE.

membim
08-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Spray and Wipe is not really a QD. It`s a waterless car wash. I def recommed getting some as well as a QD such as 4* spray wax or Eagle One Wipe & Shine or Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

cgc2
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Eimann Fabrik`s "Clear Pearl" Instant Detail Spray is some pretty good stuff that I enjoy using.
smells nice and great results.
Found at TOL

JimS
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
I can find no reason to have QD since I started using S&W. In the 18 months since I started with S&W I`ve used about 9 gallons! I use it almost every day. Fantastic stuff.

Scott P
08-26-2004, 07:43 AM
I always follow up my S&W session with either Quik Shine or QD+. I like teh extra pop you get from a QD for that just waxed look. I treat S&W as more of a car wash than a QD spray.

membim
08-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I`m 100% with you Scott P!!!