PDA

View Full Version : when I had my windows tinted, they rubbed against my freshly detailed car!!!

p986s
06-27-2003, 08:58 PM
I have AIO X1, SG X 3, P21S X1. I noticed some longitudinal marring which are superficial and appear to be within the layers I placed. What is the best way to tackle this problem. I haven`t washed yet. Is it possible that just washing will remove? If not, should I AIO, SG, P21S that area or is there a better solution. I hope I don`t need any abrasives yet, since the car has only 500 miles and looked perfect priot to the tinting.

Thank you in advance.

PS You cannot feel these marks with your finger (light touch):nixweiss

shaf
06-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Well since it`s fast and easy to do, I would try and reapplying the P21S after a wash and see if that helps it. If not, it`s time to break out the AIO and start over again. Hopefully that will take care of it and the damage will be in the sealant/wax layers, but if it doesn`t you`re headed up the abrasiveness ladder...

Hope that helps and good luck!

imported_FUEL
06-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Not ment to thread jack but will AIO take off 3 layers of SG?

Fr0zen
06-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Probley sealents and waxs really dont have any protection from scratchs or anything of that sort maybe bird bombs and water spots but not scratchs its just all in the shine and look of the car not protection.

shaf
06-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Probley sealents and waxs really dont have any protection from scratchs or anything of that sort maybe bird bombs and water spots but not scratchs its just all in the shine and look of the car not protection. It has happened in the past that (very very light) scratches were present only in the layers of protection. This isn`t my 1st hand info, just what others have said. :)

chris0626
06-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Probley sealents and waxs really dont have any protection from scratchs or anything of that sort maybe bird bombs and water spots but not scratchs its just all in the shine and look of the car not protection.

I strongly disagree! I use Zaino and have had numerous instances where I thought birdbombs or scratches had damaged my paint, but they were only in the Zaino. One such instance is reported in this thread. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23913&highlight=bir%2A+Zaino) 4DSC, that`s my first-hand testimonial, and I`m stickin` to it. :D

shaf
06-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks Lynn, making statements based on reading you did a year ago can be a tricky proposition sometimes. :D