PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn bird gut won`t come out, now what?

nobell
06-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Ok, so I tried claying a spot on my hood where i hit a bird and all its "guts" sorta speak splattered on. I got all the smaller spats off, but theres this one huge stain that wont come out. I made the mistake of NOT cleaning it off until 2 days later. (I guess the birds got the last laugh).

I`ve tried claying about 4/5 times. This stain seems like its etched into the paint. If you look at it from certain angles you can see it. Its bothering me b/c i know eventually it will eat away at the paint.

So all you experts out there, now what do I do to get this stain off my hood?

JasonC8301
06-27-2003, 06:28 PM
neutralize the paint by washing it with a Ph balanced wash. Then polish it, no other way of leveling the paint to the etched level. I would try a Fine Cut RC by hand, then follow by a polish, then wax.

imported_DetailGirl
06-28-2003, 10:00 PM
A bird hit my windshield once and I could not get the little skid mark (sorry, don`t know what else to call it) off the glass. I tried everything! It wouldn`t come off. After about a year/year and a half, if finally started to come off. So, I hope you have better luck than I did because it`s on your paint! Keep us posted if you get it off or not!!

JasonC8301
06-28-2003, 10:02 PM
What exactely did you try on it DetailGirl? I have had success removing those bird bombs with Zaino Z12 glass polish.

imported_Smoker
06-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Glass is easy .. clay then wire wool and follow up with Stoners.

Immaculate.

Every time.