PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s CarWash is ridiculously

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
08-21-2004, 03:53 PM
slick. My car has been sitting out in the sun all day. I wanted to try Poorboy`s Carwash under this condition. First I filled up a bucket with rinse water and soaked my mitt in that. Then I poured a half ounce of Poorboy`s AutoWash in my soap bucket. I blasted the soapbucket with a jet stream of water. The suds exploded immediately. I had about a half a gallon of water in the bucket before the suds overflowed the top. Now I`m paying attention to how the the suds last.I took the mitt from the rinse bucket and dipped into the suds. I started on the roof and worked my way down. I noticed right away how the mitted glided acrossed the surface. With the sufaces being hot I made sure to use plenty of water to rinse the soap off. Once I got to the sides if I put any pressure at all on the mitt it wanted to take off. I lost my balance the first time I leaned into it. I agitated the bucket only one other time. Not out of neccessity but because I LIKE SUDS. After the car was completely washed and rinsed I flooded it with water. The water refused to stay on the car. The sheeting action was exceptional (it has 4 coats of EX-P). With the temperature as it is/was(HOT!) I did not stand there and watch/beg every stream to roll off. ALL I did was wind the hose up and began to dry with a WaffleWeave fromP.A.C. For the amount of time it took me to wind up the hose(45 seconds,I timed it) and begin drying. The car had very little water on it. There were no pools and the water still on the car was running downhill. Overall impression. This is the best carwash I have used to date. The lubricitity(did I spell this correctly?) is outstanding. Enormous amount of suds and they have lasting power. Rinses off well. I will use up my Sonax Gloss Shampoo and BMW carwashes then go with Poorboy`s CarWash when it hits the market. Again Poorboy`s will put a quality product on the market.

Poorboy
08-21-2004, 03:58 PM
thanks for the review Rick.:D

..but you did keep it away from the Whaler as instructed :lmfao :rolling

MattZ28
08-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Any idea when it will be available?

rabbi
08-21-2004, 03:59 PM
You are very welcome. Don`t go there with The Whaler. :lmfao

Poorboy
08-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28
Any idea when it will be available?

Trying to work out pricing, labels and instructions, but may have a pre-release with my Original Paper Labels:D

Mr. Clean
08-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy
Trying to work out pricing, labels and instructions, but may have a pre-release with my Original Paper Labels

Don`t get me wrong, I literally have gallons of car wash sitting around, BUT with all these PRE-pre-release reviews going around, I`m starting to feel a bit left out of this new and exciting Poorboy`s product :wait Slap some labels on and make the announcement already :shift

Rabbi, you could have left out the part about the new wash being able to move around Sonax to the top of your car wash product list. :-p

gnev8
08-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Don`t you need a northwest tester?
The conditions must be different up here.

(And my megs soap is almost gone)

J/K :D I`ll buy it when it`s out.
I don`t care what the label looks like.

And it is going to be called `Wonder Wash` Right?
Thank you very much.

MattZ28
08-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Well you can sure count on me buying it. I love your products.

Poorboy
08-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by gnev8
Don`t you need a northwest tester?
The conditions must be different up here.

We did have a tester up that way 91Lsman ...

one is the South/West desert

one in the South..GA

one in the Mid/West Ohio, PA

a few here in the East

and a few no one knows about;)

yeah I figured no one really will care about the label to start with and i guess those will become collectors....but writing the instructions is always a real PITA...

the name is still up in the air:dunno ...may just stick with Boss`s suggestion and just call it Poorboy`s Car Wash ....but that will and can be changed if needed.

it`s great to hear so many people are interested, and Kent this was not meant to be a tease or hype, just people letting me know how it worked under their test conditions.
This is not our first round with a car wash and many testers like some of the early ones, but as it was said to me:rolleyes:, " if it`s not better than what i`m already using, I`m not switching":dunno

rabbi
08-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Mr. Clean, Last week BMW replaced Sonax Gloss Shampoo as my favorite. This week it`s Poorboy`s AutoWash. Who knows maybe next week it`ll be a Gallon of Poorboy`s Autowash.:dunno

gnev8
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
91Lsman: Hook me up. I`m almost out and don`t want to buy anything else.

Poorboy: Even us newbies don`t need directions for car wash.
Put out a few for us and keep developing the label and instructions, etc.

Obviously some of us would buy it right now.
You can even change the price later. I don`t care. I`m just almost out of soap.

Mr. Clean
08-21-2004, 05:19 PM

the name is still up in the air:dunno ...may just stick with Boss`s suggestion and just call it Poorboy`s Car Wash ....but that will and can be changed if needed.

Yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket... Poorboy’s Car Wash. Straight forward and to the point. Now let’s get to the label making. :lol

it`s great to hear so many people are interested, and Kent this was not meant to be a tease or hype,…

I know it wasn’t MEANT to be a tease…but it worked.

Seriously Steve, I think everyone appreciates the time and patience you put into the research of new products. It is a formula that obviously works, as I can’t think of a Poorboy’s product that hasn’t/doesn’t deliver as advertised (oops I forgot you don’t advertise)

Originally posted by rabbi
Mr. Clean, Last week BMW replaced Sonax Gloss Shampoo as my favorite. This week it`s Poorboy`s AutoWash. Who knows maybe next week it`ll be a Gallon of Poorboy`s Autowash.:dunno

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t I read that BMW’s private label car wash is Sonax?

I can see a gallon, or two of Poorboy’s car wash in your future.
;)

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 05:51 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh................ don`t listen to that "Boss" guy.............. he doesn`t have a clue! :lmfao

awd330
08-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean
Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t I read that BMW’s private label car wash is Sonax?
Rabbi and I heard the same thing. That`s why we conducted a head to head comparison. Our test results showed that Sonax Gloss Shampoo and BMW Autoshampoo are NOT the same formula. Of course that doesn`t discount the possibility that Sonax might still be the manufacturer of the BMW wash. See this thread for more details -

Sonax Gloss Shampoo (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5295)

Boss_429
08-21-2004, 09:33 PM
rabbi,

BTW............. nice review! It really is nice stuff....................... isn`t it! :bigups