PDA

View Full Version : Water spot problems

gheaven
06-26-2003, 04:00 PM
I picked up my car yesterday after the dealership fixed a couple of rattles. When I went to the car I found that they washed it and of course they did not dry it and found the car covered with water spots. (I forgot to tell the dealership not to wash the car.)I did a search and found that vineger would work and it did except one spot on the spoiler. I tried Finess-it II and that did not work. Is there anything else I could try? Thank you.

Jngrbrdman
06-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Vinegar didn`t work? Odd... Hmmmm... you could try a more agressive detergent to wash with. I don`t know if Dawn would have any affect on those spots if vinegar didn`t touch it. Especially since FI-II didn`t do anything. That`s really weird. Any chance of a picture of these spots? Could it be etching?

gheaven
06-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately I am not set up to post a picture. I am really meticulous with my cars and I pretty much know all the imperfections are and those spots are in deed water spots. For some reason these spots on the spoiler are really in there. I spent 5 hours yesterday after I got the car home working on it to get it back to where it ought to be.

kartman_do
06-27-2003, 11:23 AM
It seems like the calcium (white stuff) around the spot when hit by the sun eats into the clear coat leaving its mark. Similar to what bird excrement does. I tried everything only to resort to rubbing out the area and re-polishing. Any in put on this?