PDA

View Full Version : QEW revisited

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
06-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Because of lack of initiative this A.M., I let the shade get away from me before I had a chance to wash the van. Since I couldn`t drive it dirty, I got out the QEW. Since the weather has been good, bucket washes have been my choice. I had forgotten how easy and quick QEW really is. Did the van in the garage with very little water on the floor, so basically no mess. Probably took close to an hour to do it all, including door jambs, wheels and wheelwells and at a pretty liesurely pace. Most likely could have been done in 30 minutes. The stuff never ceases to amaze me.:xyxthumbs

Charles

AMP01
06-26-2003, 04:29 PM
CharlesW,

I actually used QEW for the first time about a week ago. The stuff works great! :xyxthumbs I was able to wash my BMW in about 30 min. It went so fast, I decided to apply a coat of Souveran as well. Wash and wax in about an hour! :D

I really am impressed with QEW!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Mr. Clean
06-26-2003, 04:44 PM
AMP99

I`m impressed! First time out of the chute and you do it in 30 minutes! I`ve been working with QEW off and on since last summer and I`m still not that fast :nixweiss . I can work with it faster if I use the hose to make an initial rinse. I know that defeats the intended purpose (water conservation). I do like the product especially during the cooler months.

imported_jgv
06-26-2003, 05:43 PM
As I said in my post about QEW, what impressed me most was I COULD WASH AND DRY IN 30 MINUTES the first time (yesterday) I used it. And no excess water on the floor, also.

CharlesW
06-26-2003, 05:54 PM
By the time I move the ladder to 4 different locations to reach the top of the van, clean 5 door edges and jambs, clean the tires, wheels and wheelwells, wipe down the engine compartment, I don`t think there is anyway I would get it done in 30 minutes.

You guys really make me feel old. Duh, I guess I am old. Tend to forget that, sometimes.:)

Charles

imported_jgv
06-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Charles, you`re washing a van (truck?). I washed (as AMP99) a car, no ladders......

Anyway, QEW saves at least half time of washing, doesn`t it?

Mr. Clean
06-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Anyway, QEW saves at least half time of washing, doesn`t it?

For some...:o

CharlesW
06-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Charles, you`re washing a van (truck?).

Anyway, QEW saves at least half time of washing, doesn`t it? It`s a mini-van. :)

And yes, it saves some time, but I still think a bucket & hose wash gets a lot of areas that the QEW doesn`t. At least for me.

Still great stuff.

Charles:wavey

Scottwax
06-26-2003, 11:26 PM
This sure is different than when I first brought up the subject of QEW! Everyone seemed real leary of washing without rinsing....and was too when I first saw it in the new products section of Popular Hot Rodding in the summer of 1993. Sure glad I picked up that issue!

shaf
06-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Yes, thank you Scott. :up :D

Sure, it saves me time.... I guess. :o It really helps if you have good drying media I`ve found.

2wheelsx2
06-27-2003, 12:24 AM
I really like QEW for those quickie washes. But I still like to use water to wash the undercarriage, the wheel wells, and other places which are really dirty. I just hate the thought of all that really nasty road grime doing in the wash water.

Fr0zen
06-27-2003, 12:36 AM
whats the QEW ?

VetteToVair
06-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW

And yes, it saves some time, but I still think a bucket & hose wash gets a lot of areas that the QEW doesn`t. At least for me.

This is why i still haven`t tried it. I can`t imagine how it could be as effective as a good bucket and hose wash:confused:

TortoiseAWD
06-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by stanger99

This is why i still haven`t tried it. I can`t imagine how it could be as effective as a good bucket and hose wash:confused: That`s not the point . . . there are a number of times when it`s a useful option to have because a hose/bucket isn`t available, or isn`t convenient: people who live where water restrictions are in place, apartment dwellers without access to a hose, washing in colder weather, etc.

As for being as "effective" as a bucket/hose wash . . . I`d say that depends on the person doing the washing.

Tort

kg/cm²
06-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Fr0zen

whats the QEW ?

QUICK & EASY WASH...just wipe then dry...