PDA

View Full Version : Zymol blue bottle detailer...........

unclearty
06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
I think I may be onto something..bought a bottle of the Zymol detail spray...didn`t care for it on my paint...left it sitting for over a month. The other night I was cleaning my interior...black..reached for a bottle in my case and pulled out the Zymol..by accident...looked at it and thought..."what the h**l"? Gave a spritz on my MF and wiped.....worked great!! Nice matte finish..cleaned the crud and left a real nice finish. That was Sunday night...still looks great..no shine, just nice matte black..and it doesn`t seem to attract dust. Even tried it on my coated leather, clean and matte finish. May just keep the rest of the bottle! I was going to give it to a neighbor....

Blue-Sun
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
I saw saw this on at Target last week, but haven`t tried it.

Love you`re avatar BTW. . .funny fish. . .hehehe

Acura_RL
06-26-2003, 12:08 PM
I honestly hate that stuff. Smells like rotten bananas.

waymay1305
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Where can this detailer be purchased?

Deanski
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Zymol was sold to Turtle Wax awhile ago. What you have is a Zymol product by TW and made for Joe Consumer. It`s marketed for those not into professional detailing or for those that can and know how to obtain better QD`s.

It works just like other QD`s, just your simple volume produced product avalible at big box retail stores (Target, Wal-Mart etc).

There are better ones.. Give that bottle to your neighbor or toss it.

Deanski

pogo123
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
If it works for you then that`s all that matters. Who cares where you bought it or what company makes it. If you like it then by all means go ahead and use it.

imported_Surfer
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I`m confused, I`ve seen some post on here about it as well. And from searching online, Zymol otc is not the "Zymol" company over in Europe with the $$$ waxes etc, correct? But that would be weird, that`d be like two companies ccalled Coca Cola?

sspeer
12-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Holy resurrected thread Batman!!

Do they still sell this stuff? LOL

CalgaryDetail
12-19-2006, 07:00 PM
I`m confused, I`ve seen some post on here about it as well. And from searching online, Zymol otc is not the "Zymol" company over in Europe with the $$$ waxes etc, correct? But that would be weird, that`d be like two companies ccalled Coca Cola?

the zymol cleaner wax, from what i have found out, is realy made my trutle wax, where as the othe zymol (the expensive stuff) is made by zymol. I belive the head office is in coneticut or somthing like that. thats where thet tel you to send the empty cytsal glaze jars....

\

Mikeyc
12-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Zymol was sold to Turtle Wax awhile ago. What you have is a Zymol product by TW and made for Joe Consumer. It`s marketed for those not into professional detailing or for those that can and know how to obtain better QD`s.

I`m always confused when people say this because a few months ago I saw a press release on the Zymol website. It stated that Zymol was suing TW for violation of their licensing agreement.

Based on that I had always assumed that TW has a licensing agreement with Zymol and manufactures only the items you find at your local Target, Wal-Mart, or auto parts store.

3Dog
12-19-2006, 09:14 PM
My bottle says Zymol Corporation......Welcome to Zymol Worldwide (http://WWW.ZYMOL.COM)

imported_Surfer
12-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I`m always confused when people say this because a few months ago I saw a press release on the Zymol website. It stated that Zymol was suing TW for violation of their licensing agreement.

Based on that I had always assumed that TW has a licensing agreement with Zymol and manufactures only the items you find at your local Target, Wal-Mart, or auto parts store.See that`s what I thought, and the reason for the otc Zymol stuff being no where near the quality of the companies actual products. I remember somebody saying Zymol otc has really nothing to do w/ the actual company besides the name. Still odd though.

Deanski
12-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Yes Zymol "high-end" waxes are still made in Branford, Connecticut.

I`m not sure what the agreement was when Chuck did the deal, but they (Zymol) are trying to save themselves from the generic stuff seen a big-box stores. They have a very good marketing campaign, and target specific trade publications as well as club owned publications (Porsche Panorama).

They have also reformulated some of the products besides waxes. The wash, HD Cleans, Treat etc all have been altered in some way. They even sell a Zymol/TW version of a "Treat" in big box stores.

The specific waxes (NSX, Glasur, Estate, etc) all are still made the same ways in the plant in Branford. You can spend lots of $$ for some wax. It`s really the oils you are paying for. Even refined white caranuba comes from natural yellow version.

You can get as close to high-end wax look such as those by adding a few tricks in prep and waxing. One is using a heavy oiled glaze before and between coats of a wax. You don`t want to fully remove the glaze, just lightly "flow" it. Then, you get a very very deep wet look. It isn`t easy to do, but if you want to save the $$, that`s the same as obtaining Estate type wax. It takes trial and error, technique, temp of the panels etc for it to work correctly, but when it does...:shocked

Save you cash, purchase some good wax and spend the time getting the final prep right.

Regards,

Deanski

lbls1
12-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Zymol`s wax enhancing detail spray is a very good, underrated product. I love using that stuff for regular maintenance on my daily driver. It is more active than mild carnauba friendly qds like Sonus. Zymol`s wax enhancing also does a great job in settling some residual hazing that you get sometimes from overwaxing.

Its a great product to use, especially for older carnauba finishes.

On their waxes, although its a different subject, the aim of using zymol waxes is to gain an excellent finish with just using one product. You can get slickness and shine from great prep and a combination of products, but that is not all that`s important in a great finish. Your lsp should be able to render outstanding color, demonstrate sharpness and excellent reflective depth. Zymol`s waxes, especially the estate wax line, aptly demonstrates all of those qualities on its own merits, without the aid of other lsps.

That should be the aim of an excellent lsp; However, not all lsps perform the above attributes with the same intensity as some of the Zymols.

JiggleRacing
12-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I think I may be onto something..bought a bottle of the Zymol detail spray...didn`t care for it on my paint...left it sitting for over a month. The other night I was cleaning my interior...black..reached for a bottle in my case and pulled out the Zymol..by accident...looked at it and thought..."what the h**l"? Gave a spritz on my MF and wiped.....worked great!! Nice matte finish..cleaned the crud and left a real nice finish. That was Sunday night...still looks great..no shine, just nice matte black..and it doesn`t seem to attract dust. Even tried it on my coated leather, clean and matte finish. May just keep the rest of the bottle! I was going to give it to a neighbor....

let us know how it looks after a couple weeks.