PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what do you have against QEW? (if anything?)

Pages : [1] 2

imported_jgv
06-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Today I used it for the 1st time, and I could wash and dry my car in about 30 minutes (wow :bow ).

Has anyone had any bad experience with it?

* I received a gallon today from Camping-World. Total cost to my pocket € 106,00 :shocked ...............being € 68,00 from customs :angry

imported_Greg
06-25-2003, 06:27 PM
That`s a lot of money- I think, how much is that US dollars?

Glad you like it.

imported_jgv
06-25-2003, 06:38 PM
...more than $120USD :o

imported_Greg
06-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Ouch...you need a hug after that one!!

shaf
06-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Wow, ouch indeed! :eek: Gee and I thought I metered my QEW out by the capful like it was gold or something!

I think there may have been one or two people who didn`t like using it if memory serves.

Glad you like it though, I like mine but like to save it for the winter months. :)

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 11:02 PM
That horror story where you get most of the dirt off while drying the car, so all the dirts coming off on my waffleweaves!

Scottwax
06-25-2003, 11:14 PM
I`ve been using it for 10 years now and like it more now than then...I guess because I can wash a car so quickly with it.

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 11:18 PM
And does as thorough of a job?

shaf
06-26-2003, 12:55 AM
I don`t know if I would use any of the materials normally used for drying to wipe off QEW - I couldn`t stand using my precious waffleweaves on anything other than clean water!

I use cotton terry towels to do the drying and removal of the dirty water. A second wipe (as per Scott`s usage) with a MF gets it drier.

2wheelsx2
06-26-2003, 12:56 AM
I use a WW when I use QEW, but I use the one I got from JT Int. It does get a bit dirty, but washes out easily. I reserve my nice Pakshak ones for drying clean cars! :p

imported_jgv
06-26-2003, 05:31 AM
So that`s about it with QEW problems? :xyxthumbs

About the price, even tho I paid what I did, it`s still less than € 1.00 per wash. I € 3.00 for a touch-less self serve wash and if I dry the car I take the same time with QEW.

About the WW, yesterday I used one to dry and it came out little or no dirty, on the other hand, the glove and sponge I used to wash were dirty.

Great product, when the car is average dirty. For lite cleaning I still have S&W.

Footy
06-26-2003, 06:17 AM
My main beef with QEW is that I cannot get it where I live :(

Bruce
06-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Footy, what DO they have in Sri Lanka? I mean, besides baby oil, Dawn and the Turtle Farm products...

Check your PM. I don`t want to get banished to the Hot Tub (again).

imported_Intermezzo
06-26-2003, 01:22 PM
For some reason, I don`t have the problem of my waffle-weaves getting dirty. Alll of the dirt from each panel goes right into my wash mitt and into the bucket of QEW. In fact, they stay about as clean as when doing a traditional wash. Perhaps the difference can be attributed to using an MF wash mitt instead of a cotton one? Who knows.. In any event, because I can dry QEW with a single waffle weave in a single pass, I can do the entire car including door jambs in 15 minutes....plus maybe 10 more mins for the rims.

JGV, downsides (at least for me) to using QEW is that I still don`t feel comfortable using it on a relatively dirty car, especially when I see how dirty the bucket-water gets. There are a few other minor downsides like not being able to blast my wheel wells (I only have a 2-finger fender-gap) with a spray of water.

However, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives....i.e. time, cost, ease of use (no hose necessary, no water dripping from seams, very carnauba-wax friendly, etc.)

Blue-Sun
06-26-2003, 02:03 PM
what`s QEW?