PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to get leatherique rejuv. oil all over everything?

imported_BluHeaven
06-25-2003, 02:58 PM
I tried hard not to!! but between overspray and me bumping into stuff and runs/drips it kinda got all over....

mostly on interior plastics (door panels, transmission tunnel) and I got a tiny bit on the metal knee bolsters and rubberish e-brake

I did the oil first.. then i`m going to clean the rest of the interior last just for that reason... I knew I would get it everywhere...

It won`t hurt anything will it? Its soaking right now :)

KCPreki11
06-25-2003, 11:22 PM
wouldn`t think so.

SergC
06-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi BluHeaven,

It will not hurt plastic or vinyl in your TT.Let it sit for several hours and clean with Prestine Clean.

BTW TT is a beautiful car:)

Serg

imported_BluHeaven
06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks!

I let it soak from 1:30pm to around 7:00pm... The rears seemed to be pretty clean but the driver`s front... I couldnt believe all the crud that had surfaced! It was pretty dirty for a 3 week old car :)

On the rears and steering wheel I used a blue scrubber MF from CMA with the pristene clean... On the fronts I sprayed them down and gently scrubbed them with a horsehair leather brush then wiped with a clean MF... Then I damped another MF with the pristene clean and went over everything again...

I cleaned the rest of the interior with my eiznett and any spots and overspray from the leatherique cleaned right off! I gave the seats one last buff with a clean MF

looks great! smells good and they feel like soft creamy butta!

thanks guys!

rleven
06-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Leatherique is really good stuff. I use that and Connelly Hide Food to finish it off. The leather looks and smells great.

Fr0zen
06-27-2003, 12:47 AM
I would get some leatherique but I have no idea if my leather is coated 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited the leather in some spots look likes a mirror. I lexoled them not to long ago it got softer but they still look kind of shiny not as in greasy but the actual leather texture I will try to get a pic.

Also where else can you get leatherique to not pad $25 for shipping.

imported_BluHeaven
06-27-2003, 12:55 AM
I got mine from detaliers paradise....

they are out of Denver which is someone close by.

I paid 10 bucks shipping and it was here the next day (airborne express) YMMV on the speed though...

Detailers Paradise (http://www.detailersparadise.com)

Fr0zen
06-27-2003, 01:00 AM
YMMV ?

imported_BluHeaven
06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
=D

sorry...

YMMV.. your milage may vary

I got it the next day but its prolly longer depending on where you live

and no clue on your leather either? Hell I don`t even know on my own leather! but it seemed to work really good so :nixweiss

Fr0zen
06-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Audi will have good leather but alot of the good car Manufactures domestic and Foriegn coat there leather for it to last long or something or not crack as easy from the weather but then it wears alot diffrent then real leather.

imported_BluHeaven
06-27-2003, 01:24 AM
yup... my mustang leather was coated... it was like vinyl almost.... it became more obvious as the years wore on and the desert heat/sun got to it.... you could tell where it had cracked or the stuff started peeling off.

being chrysler corp is owned by mercedes now though who knows? my guess is though, it prolly is coated

Fr0zen
06-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Hmm yeah When its new it looks good after your pants and friction come into play it stars looking like its made of vinyl they shouldent coat leather and say its leather and charge $1500 more for it.

rleven
06-27-2003, 02:26 AM
$5.00 shipping........

http://www.whitetigersoftware.com/leatcomleatc.html

jfn
06-27-2003, 03:16 AM
anyone know if my 97 and 98 Supra`s have vinyl coated tan leather?