PDA

View Full Version : best applicator to apply polish and wax

optimsprym
06-25-2003, 08:53 AM
I know using a PC/Rotary is the best way to apply abbrasives, but is it also a good idea to use a PC to apply the polishes and waxes such as AIO, SG, UPP, VM? Or should i stick to applying it by hand using MF pads?

JasonC8301
06-25-2003, 11:19 AM
AIO and VM are good to apply with a polishing foam pad on the PC. I prefer foam applicators for hand applications of SG and UPP type products that layer (my Zaino #314 applicator is used to apply Z-16 onto tires.)

There was a debate over terry, mf, and foam for hand application a while ago for waxes. Forum favorite seemed to be foam with a lot of people liking mf`s. For fine polishes/glazes I like to use terry and follow up with foam, the terry seems to give me a little more bite.

JimS
06-25-2003, 11:50 AM
I apply my Poorboys EX with the PC and a finishing pad. I believe it helps me apply an thin and even coat.

optimsprym
06-26-2003, 04:27 PM
any other suggestions?

imported_DetailGirl
06-26-2003, 04:59 PM
I use Final Polish and S100 when we detail clients cars and I put that on by hand with a megs yellow foam applicator. They usually come in a pack of like 4. Cheap and reusable if you wash them. It`s in a sense more personal preference I guess. People have different opinions on what works best for them and what feels right to them. I don`t think you could go wrong with a right pad on the PC or a regular by hand foam applicator.